• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HTML preview version observations etc.

#1 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 08:56

The display for "History"-"My Table" did not display results for a table I was kibitzing.

I really wish the auction box were back in the upper right corner of the table display (would that menu button not belong on the table title bar?).
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#2 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-18, 13:43

Watching a team game, now the history displayed correctly, but:
The lower left corner of table display showed
Team1:
27 IMPs
Team2:
44 IMPs
Other Table: 4!cS -3

I.e. identification of which pair is Team1 or Team2 is left to the observers to figure out on their own.

#3 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-18, 14:52

View PostBillHiggin, on 2018-July-18, 08:56, said:

The display for "History"-"My Table" did not display results for a table I was kibitzing.

So, today I join a table to kibitz. The first two boards that were completed before I joined displayed correctly in the
"History" display. However, new hand did not get added to that display as they completed! This was a non=tourney table. A team game that I kibbed did seem to display all hands properly.

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 15:03

Thanks for your feedback.

The non-updating of History for some table-types when kibitzing is a known issue that will require a server update to fix.

Not clear when this will happen, but likely not too long. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#5 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-18, 23:24

Obviously it's a personal opinion, but the look of the North/Souths hand which are spread out very wide across the screen just looks ugly. I'm looking at a 24" monitor so maybe this looks better on a tablet or phone, but it's hard to keep all the cards in view because they are so spread out. And the name of South seems too close to the West name. I liked the centered names in the current version better although both are a giant step back from the Windows version.

#6 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 01:42

In a Partnership Bidding Room and the Deal Source window, when I use Saved Deals there is no scroll bar on the list of folders so I only see the first six or seven folders.

I also have yet to find how to use Dealer scripts in the room (Advanced tab on Deal Source previously)

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#7 User is offline   gabrielevh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-July-19, 06:23

Lay-out is very restless for my eyes, too less contrast, colours over colours (blue over green/ Grey-ish/black over grey) everything under the tabs, including the Director’s tab is so tiny, letter corps of typing chat is max 1 millimeter high, ditto are the items under the director’s tab.

I understand that you have to do something since Adobe flash will be outsourced soon, but can't you at least keep the current lay-out, contrasts, colours and font sizes?

Btw How can you change to smaller card symbols?

#8 User is offline   dohicky 

• Pip

Posted 2018-July-19, 11:19

View Postpaulg, on 2018-July-19, 01:42, said:

In a Partnership Bidding Room and the Deal Source window, when I use Saved Deals there is no scroll bar on the list of folders so I only see the first six or seven folders.

I also have yet to find how to use Dealer scripts in the room (Advanced tab on Deal Source previously)

Hi Paulg,

About the saved deals, are you able to scroll with a mouse wheel or equivalent? If not, could you let me know your browser and operating system?

Dealer scripts will be in the next preview version.

Have you had a chance to look at Constraint Sets? They're new and any feedback would be great.
Software Developer at BBO

#9 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-July-19, 12:07

View Postdohicky, on 2018-July-19, 11:19, said:

Hi Paulg,

About the saved deals, are you able to scroll with a mouse wheel or equivalent? If not, could you let me know your browser and operating system?

I use a laptop without a mouse, just touchpad, but the scrolling does not work with the equivalent action of a mouse wheel. It does work on the People tab, but there is also a scroll bar on that list.

I am using Google Chrome Version 69.0.3493.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) on Windows 10 (64-bit)

View Postdohicky, on 2018-July-19, 11:19, said:

Have you had a chance to look at Constraint Sets? They're new and any feedback would be great.

As a power user of dealer scripts I'm probably not the best person to judge as I never used the simple constraints that were available previously.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2018-July-19, 13:32

View Postgabrielevh, on 2018-July-19, 06:23, said:

too less contrast, colours over colours (blue over green/ Grey-ish/black over grey)

I quote that, and I doubt these problems are intrinsic in HTML.
It looks a mess using latest 64bit Chrome on my Windoze 10 laptop.

#11 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 14:24

If someone who has trouble with the colors could post a screenshot (important) and explain the specific areas of concern, that would be appreciated (and likely speed up our ability to address whatever the problem is).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#12 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 14:38

Hate hate haate the way the cards look.

The Windows client is still superior, and this seems to take every design thing I hated about the Flash version, the proliferation of beiges and browns for one, and also just bad looking cards, and makes it worse.

#13 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:02

View PostTylerE, on 2018-July-19, 14:38, said:

Hate hate haate the way the cards look.

The Windows client is still superior, and this seems to take every design thing I hated about the Flash version, the proliferation of beiges and browns for one, and also just bad looking cards, and makes it worse.

Don't be a hater - be a helper.

Post a screenshot of the cards you see in the different clients and explain why you prefer the ones in the Windows client. Knowing your screen resolution and browser zoom level would also be helpful. Your preference for the old cards is unimaginably strange to me - I assume either the software is not working properly or I don't understand something important about human perception.

In either case, it would be useful to understand the details. We can't address your concerns until we understand them and we can't really understand them unless you are willing to make an effort.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#14 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:11

View Postfred, on 2018-July-19, 14:24, said:

If someone who has trouble with the colors could post a screenshot (important) and explain the specific areas of concern, that would be appreciated (and likely speed up our ability to address whatever the problem is).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Happy to do so, Fred, and please don't be discouraged by our comments. Please can you post an URL for the HTML preview version (maybe put it in the first post of thread)? I followed a link when I logged onto BBO yesterday but I don't see that today.

#15 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:23

View Postpescetom, on 2018-July-19, 15:11, said:

Happy to do so, Fred, and please don't be discouraged by our comments. Please can you post an URL for the HTML preview version (maybe put it in the first post of thread)? I followed a link when I logged onto BBO yesterday but I don't see that today.

Thanks Tom. There should be a link in the top right of our home page that takes you here: http://www.bridgebas...tro/preview.php

That page will contain a link to the latest version. Don't bookmark the latest version itself since the URL will change each time we do a new release.

If you (or anyone) prefer to send screenshots/details/questions/comments by e-mail that is fine of course. My e-mail address is: fred@bridgebase.com

Appreciate your willingness to help and your "don't be discouraged" remark - thanks. I have been through this enough times now that I know what to expect :)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#16 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:41

Got it, thanks.
I sent screenshots via email.

#17 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:44

Was going to post about a number of issues, but now I see that there is one gigantic issue that influences every single other issue.

On my 1366x768 laptop, Firefox, fullscreen, with no toolbars other than the normal menu bar (not even default ones like bookmarks etc), I'm seeing the mobile layout.

It appears the mobile layout displays when the available height is 640px or less, which is the case when you consider the taskbar and toolbars on the standard 1366x768 size screen (still the most common desktop size).

Screenshot.

(And the mobile layout is horrible to use on a desktop. But I presume this was unintended, thus will leave any further comments until this is resolved - or mentioned it's deliberate :) )

#18 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:56

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-July-19, 15:44, said:

Was going to post about a number of issues, but now I see that there is one gigantic issue that influences every single other issue.

On my 1366x768 laptop, Firefox, fullscreen, with no toolbars other than the normal menu bar (not even default ones like bookmarks etc), I'm seeing the mobile layout.

It appears the mobile layout displays when the available height is 640px or less, which is the case when you consider the taskbar and toolbars on the standard 1366x768 size screen.

Screenshot.

(And the mobile layout is horrible to use on a desktop. But I presume this was unintended, thus will leave any further comments until this is resolved - or mentioned it's deliberate :) )

It is supposed to go to the mobile layout if there is not enough space to display the non-mobile layout, but there is something broken about how it decides what constitutes "enough space". The mobile layout is actually useful on a desktop if you are using most of your monitor for some other application and (say) want to watch vugraph in a tiny window at the same time.

For now, you might be able to get it to change to the non-mobile layout by either reducing your browser zoom level (CONTROL and minus key) or going to full screen (F11 to enter/exit full screen mode).

Sorry for this inconvenience, we are working on it.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#19 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-19, 15:59

Yeah, I know, I'm a web developer, so was able to debug in responsive mode :) It's the 640px vertical limit that's the issue.

#20 User is offline   pes_6 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-July-20, 02:36

Before all I need to say hi and thanks because you make a service that offer playing bridge online just for FREE. I started playing on BBO when still existed BBO software than you have to download and install on computer, after that come BBO web version. I have to admit that I'm very hard moved from software version to web version but after all I moved completely and I rejected software version of BBO.

BUT, that what are you doing with new web version, my opinion is that isn't so good. For me is better your old BBO software version than new BBO web version that we can use as preview. Web versions, for me, haven't that touch between players and bridge as software one. In new version you go one step forward and I really haven't that touch more than older web version. In new(er) version(s) is/are lost connection between players and bridge. F.ex. when I install software version I feel that connection that is separate program when player can play bridge, all in it is subordinatet on bridge game, in web version is reduced size cards and bidding boxes in newer one that's just MORE reduced, small, in software version that was BIG just BIG.

Isn't cards, bidding boxes, boards the most important things in bridge game? Why that's is smaller and smaller in size in each new version? On the another hand in each new versions have more and more new features that is, for me, unnecessary until main components of bridge game is marginalized.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users