#61 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-29, 11:07

View Postbarmar, on 2018-August-29, 08:49, said:

This should be fixed now.

Yup.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#62 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-September-08, 06:49

I cannot kibitz a single player in Vugraph (or work out how to). I suspect you know this :)
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#63 User is offline   vocaljazz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-September-08, 20:42

The HTML5 version is great, but I get booted off periodically, like every 20 minutes or so. Happens regardless of whether I'm at a table or playing against bots. I'm using Safari, which tells me the page was reloaded "because a problem occurred", but doesn't specify what error.

When I open the browser console, there are a lot of errors listed, mostly complaints about cross-site scripting (likely related the ads), but none that seem fatal. Of course, once there's a fatal error I can't see it because it gets reloaded.

This happens on the iPhone app too, which I assume uses most of the same technology.

#64 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-September-09, 12:32

View Postvocaljazz, on 2018-September-08, 20:42, said:

The HTML5 version is great, but I get booted off periodically, like every 20 minutes or so. Happens regardless of whether I'm at a table or playing against bots. I'm using Safari, which tells me the page was reloaded "because a problem occurred", but doesn't specify what error.

When I open the browser console, there are a lot of errors listed, mostly complaints about cross-site scripting (likely related the ads), but none that seem fatal. Of course, once there's a fatal error I can't see it because it gets reloaded.

This happens on the iPhone app too, which I assume uses most of the same technology.

How do you get booted? You get a connection closed message and are returned to the login screen?

#65 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-September-10, 07:03

In the news -> mail section
the latest mail is at bottom and oldest at top.
believe it should be the other way round.

:lol: :lol:

#66 User is offline   vocaljazz 

• Pip

Posted 2018-September-11, 17:53

View Postdiana_eva, on 2018-September-09, 12:32, said:

How do you get booted? You get a connection closed message and are returned to the login screen?

Safari says "This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred" and brings up the login screen. I know that's not very helpful.

#67 User is offline   NTBridge2 

• Pip

Posted 2018-September-11, 23:02

The system of self declared/proclaimed level:Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, World Class should be replaced by the actual accrued IMP.
When software finds you a spot on the table, it may from your imp match you with the average of the 3 other players. This system proposed will allow a natural and gradual progression of a player from Novice to higher levels.

The Current software is still not able to choose a table. In other words if you are watching a game and a player leaves, you cannot click on the empty space/sit to allow you to join in. The empty seat is filled by other mechanism and does not give preference to the "Watchers".

Like the Tournaments, It will be pleasant to have a queuing system to a desired table and can a call back to that table.

#68 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-12, 05:22

View Postvocaljazz, on 2018-September-11, 17:53, said:

Safari says "This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred" and brings up the login screen. I know that's not very helpful.

I put a few BB$ into your account. Can you pls play a pay tournament, an Instant tournament, or an ACBL, whatever you prefer. This will hide ads for a week. See if the page still reloads without the ads, and look in console again if it does.

#69 User is online   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-18, 19:12

View PostNTBridge2, on 2018-September-11, 23:02, said:

The system of self declared/proclaimed level:Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, World Class should be replaced by the actual accrued IMP.

Thought experiment for you. two true WC pairs play each other for 1000 boards. What do you expect the net imps to be? How about after 10000 boards?

This post has been edited by barmar: 2018-September-19, 08:56
Reason for edit: fix quote

#70 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-19, 08:58

The issue of self-rating has been discussed in dozens of threads before. It has nothing to do with the BBO version.

#71 User is offline   vocaljazz 

• Pip

Posted 2018-September-27, 14:25

View Postdiana_eva, on 2018-September-12, 05:22, said:

I put a few BB$ into your account. Can you pls play a pay tournament, an Instant tournament, or an ACBL, whatever you prefer. This will hide ads for a week. See if the page still reloads without the ads, and look in console again if it does.

The problem has not recurred since then, so maybe it is an ad problem.

#72 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-27, 16:53

View Postvocaljazz, on 2018-September-27, 14:25, said:

The problem has not recurred since then, so maybe it is an ad problem.

Thanks for checking. We went through ad filters and double checked the allowed / disallowed specs meanwhile to make sure no intrusive formats are allowed.

#73 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-September-28, 12:34

When the People tab is open and you click on a friend's blue icon, you are shown their profile and the table where they are playing or watching with the option to join.

However if you click to the right of their blue icon, for example where it says 'Playing table (xyz)', then only their profile is displayed: the table where they are playing is not shown.

This behaviour was not my expectation, so I wondered if it was a bug or a feature :)
The Beer Card

#74 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-October-01, 05:29

I'm getting disconnected back to the login screen while in another browser tab for short periods between hands. Especially annoying in Express tourneys when you find you've been kicked and lose some TCR%.

Sound warnings can also lag, you hear the beep that it's your turn and when you switch you've been kicked.

Using Firefox.

#75 User is offline   vocaljazz 

• Pip

Posted 2018-October-06, 14:34

When viewing History in a tourney, the results are shown for NS and EW regardless of which direction I was sitting, so sometimes my result is in the left column and sometimes on the right. This makes determining my own score to date very difficult. A We/They setup would be much more useful.

#76 User is offline   vocaljazz 

• Pip

Posted 2018-October-06, 15:55

View Postvocaljazz, on 2018-October-06, 14:34, said:

When viewing History in a tourney, the results are shown for NS and EW regardless of which direction I was sitting, so sometimes my result is in the left column and sometimes on the right. This makes determining my own score to date very difficult. A We/They setup would be much more useful.

Or at least highlight the square containing my result

#77 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-October-10, 13:20

Creating team matches

With the InterCity League starting again today I created my first team match using the September 28 preview. It all went well but there was one major difference from the Flash version.

When you create the match and the invitations are issued, the creation window does not disappear in the Flash client. This is a great help when a player declines the invitation, either deliberately, or because they are not at the keyboard, or for some random reason - you can then quickly reissue invitations with a new player or after prompting the failing player. The creation window closes when the match starts.

With the preview client, the creation window closes immediately that the invitations are issued. So if someone refuses, you need to enter all the team match information again, which greatly slows the process.

This may be a feature of this client :)
The Beer Card

#78 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-October-18, 17:49

Just a few more questions. I am using a mac desktop.

1) Is there a way to change the chat font size?

2) Is there a way to set to ‘Mouse Over” rather than having to click on the name for profile?

3) When I set up a bidding/teaching table, I don't get a menu for redeal/undo/table options/deal source/pictures of card - just 3 grey bars on a blue background. When I click on the grey bars a menu for these options appears. Is this normal or just a mac thing? Not a problem just wondering as buttons would be much easier to use.

4) Smaller cards would be nice. The cards showing are clunky and I have trouble with the size on my screen.

Great that the files archive is now listed alphabetically!

Is there a convenient list of items comparing the present web version with the new HTML version - what will be changed and what will stay the same?

Thanks so much for your help!!

#79 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-October-19, 08:28

View Postoops sry p, on 2018-October-18, 17:49, said:

Just a few more questions. I am using a mac desktop.

1) Is there a way to change the chat font size?

Click on the chat display area, you'll get a popup menu with options to change the size.

2) Is there a way to set to ‘Mouse Over” rather than having to click on the name for profile?

Not currently.

3) When I set up a bidding/teaching table, I don't get a menu for redeal/undo/table options/deal source/pictures of card - just 3 grey bars on a blue background. When I click on the grey bars a menu for these options appears. Is this normal or just a mac thing? Not a problem just wondering as buttons would be much easier to use.

This is currently the way it is. Most layout features are the same in the desktop and mobile versions. A few important things (e.g. Logoff) have been pulled out into buttons on the desktop version, but not less common things like this. We'll be refining these things over time.

4) Smaller cards would be nice. The cards showing are clunky and I have trouble with the size on my screen.

Thanks, we'll put this on our suggestion list.

Is there a convenient list of items comparing the present web version with the new HTML version - what will be changed and what will stay the same?

No, sorry.

#80 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-October-19, 09:41

View Postbarmar, on 2018-October-19, 08:28, said:

Click on the chat display area, you'll get a popup menu with options to change the size.

Not currently.

This is currently the way it is. Most layout features are the same in the desktop and mobile versions. A few important things (e.g. Logoff) have been pulled out into buttons on the desktop version, but not less common things like this. We'll be refining these things over time.

Thanks, we'll put this on our suggestion list.

No, sorry.

Thank you so much Barmar!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users