• You cannot reply to this topic

HTML preview version observations etc.

#81 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-October-21, 06:18

paulg, on 2018-August-26, 02:57, said:

August 25 preview release

Thanks for trying to fix my dealer script issue whereby I could not set the dealer. I can now set the dealer, say, to North and deal everyone the hands I want to.

However 'Randomly rotate generated deals 180 degrees' does not work as previously. In the Flash version, this option rotated the deals AND rotated the dealer by 180 degrees, allowing both members of the partnership to open.

Now, although the hands may be rotated by 180 degrees, the dealer still remains as North.

If I specify both North and South as dealer, then both hands will be dealer but there is no correlation between the hands I want dealt to the dealer. For example, suppose the partnership wants to practice responses to a 20-21 2NT opener. So you always want the dealer to hold this hand. The Flash version does this, but the preview version does not yet, though it is closer :)

September 28 preview release

Apologies but I forgot to note that this is now working in the same way as the Flash version and the way I'd expect. Thanks!

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#82 User is offline   kronolith 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-October-21, 19:45

I have only just discovered the HTML preview version. This is brilliant, as this was the very last site I needed Flash for: thanks BBO!

#83 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-October-25, 16:51

Am I seeing right that the typical keyboard chat shortcuts no longer work? That is rather distressing.

#84 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-October-26, 04:20

Will it be possible to sort friends for categories and status in future? I cant find the categories yet in the new version?

#85 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-October-26, 04:44

There are several problems with translation and layout where the German translation is too long and overlays other areas.
For example the word "N-S Figurenpunkte" used in the setup for the source of deals is too long. Preplace with "N-S HCP" and it will work.

How can I switch to English to see how it really should look like?
EDIT:
http://www.bridgebase.com/preview/dist.20180928b/preview.php?lang=XX

#86 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-November-01, 02:25

Non-silent kibitzers in team matches

I've always wondered how reliable the "Allow kibitzers to chat with players" option when setting team matches is, specifically not allowing them to chat. Even in the Flash version, if I was chatting privately to someone, even my partner, before the match started it seemed that I could continue to chat with him for a while after the match was started. I presumed it was some form of synchronisation problem.

Last night I created and played in a team match using the September 28 preview version: "Allow kibitzers to chat with players" was not checked.

After four hands (about 15 minutes after the start), I sent a private comment to one of my friends who was kibitzing (he lives in Hungary and I suggested that he'd heard the scream of brakes as we suddenly stopped in 2NT). I had not spoken to him before in the evening, but I was very surprised when he replied privately to me (he'd heard something!). Clearly this should not have been possible.

The options checked were: Allow kibitzers and allow undos; "Allow kibitzers to chat with players" and barometer were unchecked.

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#87 User is offline   pio_magic 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2018-November-01, 15:13

Like the new version a lot... what I find confusing is that the %-es in a tourney are always by N/S and E/W and I can't easily check "my" scores (without remembering what direction I was in that round). THis is different to the previous version.

Peter

#88 User is offline   pio_magic 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2018-November-03, 13:28

When I want to use one of my stored chat messages, the windows that pop up are everywhere on screen. The first time I missed the one on the right,,,,

#89 User is offline   sacto123 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-December-03, 18:33

I have 5.1.0 running in Microsoft Edge. When kibitzing I can see the table of results but, when I click on "Other Tables", nothing happens. I get the same result in Internet explorer. I ran it in Google Chrome and the button worked ok. I have not tried any other browsers. This needs to be repaired.

#90 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-December-04, 02:26

28 September preview release

Colour of the player

When a place is reserved for a player, the seat is marked in red. When it is a player's turn to play, the seat is marked in yellow. I would expect that if a seat is reserved but it is that seat's turn to play, then it should remain red because otherwise you cannot tell if the player is there or not.

I don't know how this works on the Flash version or, even, the Windows client. It can be reproduced by judicious use of robots and is a little frustrating when one of your table has an intermittent Internet connection.

Paul
The Beer Card

#91 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-December-04, 23:31

paulg, on 2018-December-04, 02:26, said:

28 September preview release

Colour of the player

When a place is reserved for a player, the seat is marked in red. When it is a player's turn to play, the seat is marked in yellow. I would expect that if a seat is reserved but it is that seat's turn to play, then it should remain red because otherwise you cannot tell if the player is there or not.

I don't know how this works on the Flash version or, even, the Windows client. It can be reproduced by judicious use of robots and is a little frustrating when one of your table has an intermittent Internet connection.

Paul

When it is the player's turn to bid/play, there should be the word (reserved) next to his username, even if the highlight is yellow instead of red.

For flickering connection, where player is not completely disconnected, just lagging, the color doesn't change on web either, unless he's really gone and back to (reserved) mode. Old Windows .exe was able to show these brief connection problems instantly, but web and flash can't AFAIK.

#92 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2018-December-05, 02:26

diana_eva, on 2018-December-04, 23:31, said:

When it is the player's turn to bid/play, there should be the word (reserved) next to his username, even if the highlight is yellow instead of red.

If the player has a nine character name, then "(reserved)" is visible when you create the table and are not in a seat. However once you take a seat, the number of characters displayed for the other players' ID seems to be nine and (reserved) is no longer visible. Of course in my case it was a player with a nine-character ID :)
The Beer Card

#93 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-05, 05:49

paulg, on 2018-December-05, 02:26, said:

If the player has a nine character name, then "(reserved)" is visible when you create the table and are not in a seat. However once you take a seat, the number of characters displayed for the other players' ID seems to be nine and (reserved) is no longer visible. Of course in my case it was a player with a nine-character ID :)

Understood, we'll think of a better way.

#94 User is offline   AoioA 

• Pip

Posted 2018-December-05, 09:37

Bonjour, où trouve t-on la moyenne de nos scores en tournoi ? je suis sur Mac Mojave.
Hello, where do we find the average of our tournament scores? I am on Mac Mojave.
Thank you

#95 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-05, 11:24

AoioA, on 2018-December-05, 09:37, said:

Bonjour, où trouve t-on la moyenne de nos scores en tournoi ? je suis sur Mac Mojave.
Hello, where do we find the average of our tournament scores? I am on Mac Mojave.
Thank you

Use myhands: www.bridgebase.com/myhands to see your average scores for all hands you've played during a time period. We don't separate it into tournaments and MBC averages.

#96 User is offline   AoioA 

• Pip

Posted 2018-December-06, 09:06

OK but does this mean that there is no way to see it in real time during a tournament?

#97 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-06, 09:22

There is no way to see your total score during a tournament on mobile, no.

#98 User is offline   wcneumann 

• PipPip

Posted 2018-December-07, 13:21

johnu, on 2018-July-18, 23:24, said:

Obviously it's a personal opinion, but the look of the North/Souths hand which are spread out very wide across the screen just looks ugly. I'm looking at a 24" monitor so maybe this looks better on a tablet or phone, but it's hard to keep all the cards in view because they are so spread out. And the name of South seems too close to the West name. I liked the centered names in the current version better although both are a giant step back from the Windows version.

I agree completely. The new HTML preview version is HORRIBLE when used on a PC with a monitor. The cards display much too large. But the ABSOLUTELY MOST RIDICULOUS issue is that there is NO WAY TO CHANGE THE SIZE. Fixed size display characters went out of style about 15 years ago. Please use 21st century programming techniques for the new version. Absolutely no reason why the size of chards and text shouldn't be adjustable by the user.

#99 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-08, 17:48

what is going to happen now that MS Edge may go a form of open source using a chrome engine I believe. I was reading that it would be the end of
edge html which I what I assume the preview version of bbo is. Just curious

#100 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-10, 01:32

pigpenz, on 2018-December-08, 17:48, said:

what is going to happen now that MS Edge may go a form of open source using a chrome engine I believe. I was reading that it would be the end of
edge html which I what I assume the preview version of bbo is. Just curious

I have no real inside information, but my assumption would be that BBO is writing to HTML 5 rather than any proprietary HTML at all. After all, their customers are running various browsers on a multitude of platforms. Edge is limited to windows only, users are using macs, linux, ios, android and possibly others.
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users