what is ur rebid ? rebid after your own takeout double
#1
Posted 2009-May-31, 18:28
Me, holding ♠AT63 ♥AK72♦632♣AK
at the table I X for takeout ( a normal bid) Pass after me and partner bid 1H
your ribid ?
ie P P 1D X (me)
P 1H P ?
At the table I raised the partner to 2H knowing the partner has a max of 8 points and cud also be 3 hearts no points When I tabled down my hand i whisperd down on chat " I think 2D is more correct bid ..." partner(host) corrected me " both were incorrect " "may I share? " "3H" from the host and one oppo. " hmm 3H cud be too high if you have a very poor hand." me responded and promised to post the hand here for discussion.
how would yo rebid with this hand and why ?
many thanks
Precpj
#2
Posted 2009-May-31, 18:31
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#3
Posted 2009-May-31, 18:37
2♦ would be the bid on this hand if you only had 3 hearts.
I would bid 2♥ on many minimums with 4 hearts, so for me AKAKA is way too strong.
#5
Posted 2009-May-31, 19:54
Life is a never ending process inlcuding at the birdge table !!
Precpj
#6
Posted 2009-May-31, 20:15
As an aside, wasn't "Ur" an ancient city in Mesopotamia? I didn't even know they played bridge in those times.
#7
Posted 2009-May-31, 21:12
#8
Posted 2009-May-31, 21:24
2♥ is right on shape. If you changed the A-K of clubs to the 3-2, that's a 2♥ hand.
-P.J. Painter.
#9
Posted 2009-May-31, 21:32
kenrexford, on Jun 1 2009, 10:24 AM, said:
2♥ is right on shape. If you changed the A-K of clubs to the 3-2, that's a 2♥ hand.
So you would raise to 2H on
♠AT63 ♥AK72♦632♣32
Nice when partner has xxx xxx xxxx xxx
You can change a couple of xs to a couple of Qs and Js.
Partner has values? He hasn't shown them.
#10
Posted 2009-May-31, 21:36
That having said, I would not bid 2H holding A10xx AKxx xxx xx, but I certainly would holding A10xx AKxx xxx Kx or A10xx AKxx x Jxxx.
#11
Posted 2009-May-31, 21:43
Anyway, I'll bid 2♥ I guess.
#12
Posted 2009-May-31, 23:36
I'm trying to keep up. I think 2♥ was right 10 or 15 years ago and 3♥ is right (meaning expected by an expert across from you) today. But this is one of the only areas in which I consider myself old fashioned, and I would really prefer to be able to just bid 2♥ on this. I don't want to go down in 3♥ sometimes just for the joy of raising without any real extras when the opponents aren't even fighting for the hand yet.
#13
Posted 2009-June-01, 00:45
The_Hog, on Jun 1 2009, 02:15 AM, said:
It was, and they did play bridge there, although they would bid 3♥ with the original hand
#14
Posted 2009-June-01, 01:40
Do all the people that bid 3♥ here , play that opposite a 2♥ raise the 1♥ bidder just passes with any hand?
#15
Posted 2009-June-01, 02:53
This hand is stronger than that.
♦xxx is a devaluing factor, but I'll still raise to 3♥.
Harald
#16
Posted 2009-June-01, 08:21
The major majority of them voiced 2H along with their remarks:
"2H; 2h shows a big hand "
"1H could be a forced 3 cards preference with busted hand "
"I can not argue agaisnt 3H "
when I asked one 2H replier " how do u score the answers 2D 2H or 3H " "3H is worst .." He did like the 2D suggestion I meant to ask how they will score as in "It is your call" in the ACBL Bulletine
2 ( out of north america) came in with 3H and one from Far East with 4H ( i wonder if the star follow the sequence I posed.
it is very fun to collect 3 2D replies from them ; one of the 3 came in 2H first and changed to 2D while i was expressing my gratitude. the most interesting one is the turkish star who shared his trend of thoughts
" i bid 2d and bid game if my partner rebid is other than 2H; on 2h rebid i push on with 3H " a great process of communication
well it is time to reveal the hand of the 1H bidder
♠XX ♥QJ654♦54 ♣QJ94 a perfect bingo
I have invited the Host ( expert rated) who was about to boot me at the table ( 2D and 2H were 100 % incorrect in his view
Precpj
#17
Posted 2009-June-01, 08:45
#18
Posted 2009-June-01, 08:46
As Josh stated, the modern trend is to raise more often on moderate takeout doubles which means that the lower limit of the raise to 2♥ has gone down from about 16 HCP to a good 13 or 14. That would make this a 3♥ call.
It is also my experience that the modern trend is that responder doesn't start jumping around just because he has an 8 count. He needs either a better hand or a long suit to justify a jump response to a takeout double.
I have an agreement with several of my regular partners that the takeout doubler is obligated to raise if he has 4 card support. If one has normal takeout double values but only 3 card support, one passes. If one holds the "old-fashioned" raise to 2♥ (16-18 HCP) one must raise to 3♥. A cue bid followed by a raise is still stronger. A leap to 4♥ is based on distribution as well as power. A pure power raise to game - the old fashioned game forcing direct cue bid - is a cue bid followed by a game bid.
A cue bid by the takeout doubler does not promise (or deny) support, so the option of a cue bid and passing a 2♥ rebid exists but has no special meaning.
#19
Posted 2009-June-01, 08:49
#20
Posted 2009-June-01, 09:12
precpj, on Jun 1 2009, 02:21 PM, said:
No, sorry. Life IS an ending process

Help
