Posted 2009-April-22, 15:48

Handviewer screen is cluttered in Netscape 7.2

#82 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-April-22, 15:54

kgr, on Apr 22 2009, 09:48 PM, said:

Handviewer screen is cluttered in Netscape 7.2

If you send me a screenshot (fred@bridgebase.com) I will look into it.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#83 User is offline   Grazy69 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-June-15, 14:09

I am also one of the old school who prefers the Windows bbo as it is easy to manually alter lin files etc

The "iframe" hand someway above by xx1943 didn't work for me but I have been playing with handviewer and have modified code a little as follows
I always know the code is going to work as I save the code in Word and it turns blue like an email does. If it doesn't turn blue it ain't gonna work
Just remove the "" quotations marks at start and finish then copy into a word doc and take it from there, making sure there are no spaces as these forums tend to invent spaces where there isn't any. It works I've tried it

"http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?lin=qx|o4|pn|declarer,xx1943,North,East|st||md|2S8QKAH5JQKD27C7JA,S236H367TDJAC356T,S579JH24D346TQC9Q,|rh||ah|Board4|sv|b|mb|p|mb|p|mb|p|mb|2N|mb|p|mb|3C|mb|p|mb|3S|mb|p|mb|4S|mb|p|mb|p|mb|p|pg||pc|S2|pc|S7|pc|ST|pc|SQ|pg||pc|HJ|pc|H7|pc|H2|pc|HA|pg||pc|S4|pc|SA|pc|S3|pc|S5|pg||pc|HK|pc|H3|pc|H4|pc|H8|pg||pc|HQ|pc|H6|pc|C9|pc|H9|pg||pc|H5|pc|HT|pc|S9|pc|C2|pg||pc|CQ|pc|C4|pc|C7|pc|C6|pg||pc|DT|pc|D5|pc|D2|pc|DJ|pg||pc|S6|pc|SJ|pc|D8|pc|SK|pg||pc|S8|pc|C3|pc|D3|pc|D9|pg||pc|D7|pc|DA|pc|D6|pc|DK|pg||pc|C5|pc|D4|pc|CK|pc|CA|pg||pc|CJ|pc|CT|pc|DQ|pc|C8|pg||"

Copy and paste it into your browser for anyone who wants to give it a try as a template

As a matter of interest I have tried to add very long "annotations" and "comments" to handviewer and their seems to be a limit, around 450 characters.If this is exceded the prog will not run the distance but just halt someway before the finish.

Question: What is the max length for the above type code

Handviewer is far from straight forward and as I had no problem with designing lin files I think the current incomplete version of handviewer will frustrate many.

When finished with all associated help files I'm sure it will as good as current old version (Windows)

I have quite large lin files that I use for tutorials that have up to 40 hands in them
It will be interesting to know if you can string together many hands in handviewer.

I have windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0 and handviewer displays nicely

Cheers

#84 User is offline   Oof Arted 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-June-16, 08:47

G_R__E_G, on Feb 10 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

I started whipping together a tool this morning that will help with building deals from scratch. Everything is done except for the play of the hand and annotations for both the bidding and play. It's in Excel, so it won't work if you don't have that program (there's macros).

Anyway, it's a work in progress but I thought some might be interested in having a look. Here's a link:

Hand Creator

:)

cheers greg very very useful tool

<_<

#85 User is offline   Grazy69 

• PipPip

Posted 2009-June-16, 23:35

Excellent greg.
Have written several macros in VB but yours is indeed very concise.
This will simplify designing and displaying hands in handviewer for everyone
Congratulations .. nice code
Cheers
Grazy69

#86 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-June-17, 07:48

Grazy69, on Jun 17 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Excellent greg.
Have written several macros in VB but yours is indeed very concise.
This will simplify designing and displaying hands in handviewer for everyone
Congratulations .. nice code
Cheers
Grazy69

Oof Arted, on Jun 16 2009, 09:47 AM, said:

cheers greg very very useful tool

Thanks guys. Programming has been a hobby on and off for the last 28 years and sometimes, when things come together well, I think that I may have missed my calling. My new project is teaching myself php. Maybe someday when I'm all grown up I can go work for Fred!!! :)
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#87 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-June-17, 12:02

As a matter of interest I have tried to add very long "annotations" and "comments" to handviewer and their seems to be a limit, around 450 characters.If this is exceded the prog will not run the distance but just halt someway before the finish.

Question: What is the max length for the above type code

Fred thinks 1024 after the ? in the URL, but not sure.

I generally end up splitting the movies into 2 parts because of this also. Safer.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#88 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-June-19, 20:48

Thank Greg. When I hit Update URL, if the URL created is automatically transformed into a tiny url, it will be great.

http://forums.bridge...showtopic=32639
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#89 User is offline   dailo 

• PipPip

Posted 2009-June-23, 04:05

I love the hand editor, but when I export my deal to it, I cannot alter the bidding and the play. What I can do is simply adding comments. Sometimes I want to alter the bidding and the play so that I can demonstrate somethings, e.g. the correct play, etc., I have to manually replicate the hand into the hand editor which I think is troublesome.

By adding the function of editing saved deal, the hand editor will become much more useful. :)

#90 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-June-23, 06:55

dailo, on Jun 23 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

I love the hand editor, but when I export my deal to it, I cannot alter the bidding and the play. What I can do is simply adding comments. Sometimes I want to alter the bidding and the play so that I can demonstrate somethings, e.g. the correct play, etc., I have to manually replicate the hand into the hand editor which I think is troublesome.

By adding the function of editing saved deal, the hand editor will become much more useful. :D

If you save a deal in the Hand Editor (Options, Export, Save) you can edit it in the future (Options, Export, Hand Editor).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#91 User is offline   dailo 

• PipPip

Posted 2009-June-23, 07:50

fred, on Jun 23 2009, 07:55 AM, said:

If you save a deal in the Hand Editor (Options, Export, Save) you can edit it in the future (Options, Export, Hand Editor).

Fred, thx for your quick reply, but it seems not working for me. I still can't edit the deal directly.

What I have to do now is to save a deal to a folder (let's say TEMP), open hand editor, click "Deal source" >> "use saved deal" and select the folder TEMP. Then I click "Redeal" and I can edit the saved deal. But it's not convenience at all. Or did I miss any steps?

Thx again for the fascinating handviewer. Well done, Fred! :D

#92 User is offline   uygar 

• Pip
  • Interests:Bridge professional, Teacher and Tournament Director.

Posted 2010-January-03, 05:52

Hi There, Handviewer is great as specially posting hands on web, thx Fred your software's are basic to use I'm loving them.. here is my question how can I display Handviewer is a like double dummy solver.(so user can click next and play themself.)

Thx for advance....

uygar.kasimoglu

#93 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-03, 11:14

uygar, on Jan 3 2010, 11:52 AM, said:

Hi There, Handviewer is great as specially posting hands on web, thx Fred your software's are basic to use I'm loving them.. here is my question how can I display Handviewer is a like double dummy solver.(so user can click next and play themself.)

Thx for advance....

uygar.kasimoglu

Thanks Uygar. I am glad you like Handviewer.

At this point in time what you describe is not possible. I haven't done any work on Handviewer in a while and it is not clear when I will get a chance to work on that program again. Probably the time will come however, when I implement something along the lines of what you suggest.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#94 User is offline   uygar 

• Pip
  • Interests:Bridge professional, Teacher and Tournament Director.

Posted 2010-January-03, 11:31

Thx Fred for a quick reply. (as always:)

uygar.kasimoglu

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users