BBO Discussion Forums: Missing events and other UI issues - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing events and other UI issues Cost me BB $0.25

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-November-24, 00:58

Hi there

I thought I had discussed this stuff before, as have others, and who knows where the problem lies -where are all the other threads
It could be anywhere between my fingers and eyes and the BBO servers

Again today there were seriously annoying UI issues which cost me $0.25 due to a mis-click in a reward tourney and an embarrassing 0% - which needs to be explained

When so many clicks are going missing its easy to click on the wrong card

Who knows where the problem lies and where all our clicks are going

P

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 03:17

My last misclick with a mouse was two months ago and the problem was clearly in my brain. I made several misclicks due to large fingers when playing on the touchscreen of a phone. None were BBO's fault in any way.

#3 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 16:04

View Postpescetom, on 2022-November-24, 03:17, said:

My last misclick with a mouse was two months ago and the problem was clearly in my brain. I made several misclicks due to large fingers when playing on the touchscreen of a phone. None were BBO's fault in any way.

I have raised these UI issues before. It seriously affects the interface and makes it unplayable sometimes. Who knows where the problem lies. The events have been proven to get to servers

If there is so unpredictability in a UI you will occasionally be distracted or click on the wrong card which would not have occurred otherwise. It's particularly annoying when it results in 0% enough to cost 25 BB cents in a reward tourney. I do own most of my zeroes

There are many technology minded people here who may know where that problem could lie between me and BBO

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 16:15

View Postthepossum, on 2022-November-24, 16:04, said:

I have raised these UI issues before. It seriously affects the interface and makes it unplayable sometimes. Who knows where the problem lies. The events have been proven to get to servers

If there is so unpredictability in a UI you will occasionally be distracted or click on the wrong card which would not have occurred otherwise. It's particularly annoying when it results in 0% enough to cost 25 BB cents in a reward tourney

There are many technology minded people here who may know where that problem could lie between me and BBO

You should describe the actual problem you see, as it is far from clear.
The only issue I see is that the optional Confirm mechanism is not very good.

#5 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 16:33

View Postthepossum, on 2022-November-24, 00:58, said:

I thought I had discussed this stuff before, as have others, and who knows where the problem lies -where are all the other threads

Here and here.

Perhaps you could re-read those and provide the details people have requested, rather than starting another thread missing the same details.

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 19:07

Maybe the two of you could occasionally address the point rather than constantly trying to undermine
It feels far too personal

I have raised serious issues on these and other important forums and too often they are silenced and ignored in this way
Who knows what the motives are for silencing such questions. Many of us connected through many circles and in different ways are we not

I am just trying to get a message out. Others have reported similar issues. There are those involved with the technicalities of BBO and their apps and servers who may actually find it useful to know too

There are those who are involved at all levels of our internet and communications and devices and software who may also occasionally like to hear stuff and not ignore issues, and silence those who raise issues in an informed way

#7 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-November-24, 19:10

I've read all your messages and I don't have the *slightest clue* what you're talking about, so don't know what point needs addressing. Multiple other responders have said the same thing - people need to be able to understand what is happening before they can help.

Nothing personal in the slightest - I deal with debugging every day at my job, and one of the hardest parts of fixing bugs is getting the person reporting it to actually provide the right information in the first place :)

You wouldn't believe how many times I've gone through hours of figuring out what might have happened, to finally narrow it down to one thing the client might have done (despite them stating multiple times they hadn't changed anything), suggest it, and they say "oh yes, I forgot to mention I did do that.." when it would have all been resolved in a couple of minutes otherwise.

If you can provide precise details of exactly what you're talking about, you'll get help. If you're unable to do so, then there's not much more that can be done.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-November-30, 17:11

View Postthepossum, on 2022-November-24, 16:04, said:

You've raised it before, but never in enough detail for anyone to give serious attention to it. You just make vague statements about UI issues, without actually describing what's wrong.

We're not getting reports from other people, so whatever this is must be specific to you or your computer. I'm not sure what you expect us to do when we don't even know what's happening,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users