BBO Discussion Forums: Tournament does not start because a player is not on-line - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament does not start because a player is not on-line What happens if the player is de-registered

#1 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-January-07, 11:36

I had a situation recently where a player thought she was registered for the tournament but her computer had frozen. I got an alert from the BBO system. Eventually the player rebooted and rejoined, and the tournament started. If it had been necessary to de-register the pair then how would the system have dealt with it. Would the tournament start automatically and how would it adjust movements. movement-wise. FYI the event was set up as a +howell+ +rounds9+ but without the deregistered pair we would have changed the movement.

#2 User is offline   4billybob6 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-08, 09:18

View PostWainfleet, on 2022-January-07, 11:36, said:

I had a situation recently where a player thought she was registered for the tournament but her computer had frozen. I got an alert from the BBO system. Eventually the player rebooted and rejoined, and the tournament started. If it had been necessary to de-register the pair then how would the system have dealt with it. Would the tournament start automatically and how would it adjust movements. movement-wise. FYI the event was set up as a +howell+ +rounds9+ but without the deregistered pair we would have changed the movement.

is this where u would type in"+allavail+ into the description box?

#3 User is offline   dsLawsd 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-January-08, 14:54

Would they ask for a sub instead first. Sounds like Howell would be the superior movement with that number of pairs...?

#4 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2022-January-09, 04:58

View Post4billybob6, on 2022-January-08, 09:18, said:

is this where u would type in"+allavail+ into the description box?

Yes That was at the start of the description.

#5 User is offline   4billybob6 

• Pip

Posted 2022-January-09, 14:03

View PostWainfleet, on 2022-January-09, 04:58, said:

Yes That was at the start of the description.

type in +howell+ in description box and u will get a full howell movement. if u have a half table, u will have a sitout but u go into "substitutes" ( from director tab ) and sub out the sitout for a robot. the number of rounds us 1 less than the number of teams ie. a team will play all the other teams.

#6 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-January-14, 16:49

View PostWainfleet, on 2022-January-07, 11:36, said:

The only situation that would require a movement change given the above set up is if there were only 9 pairs registered originally i.e enough to run a 9 round Howell. Whether you let the movement continue with a sit-out or fill the half table with human or robot subs is entirely your choice. Once a pair does not start, we then have 8 pairs and not enough numbers to run 9 rounds.

Any number above 5 tables would not have affected the movement if a pair does not start as there would still be enough pairs to play 9 rounds.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users