Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chat manager improvement Make the chat manager more functional

#1 User is offline   chairman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-31, 15:29

I use the chat manager regularly, and sure wish it was more functional Here are some ideas to discuss:
    [list]
  • Focus!! I need the chat manager to talk to the table, not other people. When I click on it, the focus should automatically revert to "table". But when I have made a comment to somebody, the foucs stays with that person, even if it was the previous round. Not noticing, I click chat and get told I can't speak to that person. Go back, change the focus, finally send the mesage. Pain in the butt.

• Lack of focus. I can't send a save message to the Alert function of the bidding box. It would be nice to store some standard explanations and not have to type in "shows both M or one m" or "at least 1 4 cd major".

• Size and Placement. I like that the system remembers where I want to place the box, but I wish it could remember how I choose to resize it. Further, it isn't possible to make the box smaller by removing the "edit" and "delete" buttons. I really never need them, why must they stay onscreen all the time?

That's all I've got today. There are probably other things I'm missing--does anyone remember how useful OKScript was? BBO is a vastly better system in general, why can't we get a few fixes in to improve the chat manager?

#2 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-20, 08:45

On the iOS application you also need a 'cancel' button on the chat box. If you change your mind after bringing it up, you have to say something - I usually just type a '.' then 'enter' to get out.

#3 User is offline   SJmike 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-25, 13:21

View Postchairman, on 2020-October-31, 15:29, said:

I use the chat manager regularly, and sure wish it was more functional Here are some ideas to discuss:
    [list]
  • Focus!! I need the chat manager to talk to the table, not other people. When I click on it, the focus should automatically revert to "table". But when I have made a comment to somebody, the foucs stays with that person, even if it was the previous round. Not noticing, I click chat and get told I can't speak to that person. Go back, change the focus, finally send the mesage. Pain in the butt.

• Lack of focus. I can't send a save message to the Alert function of the bidding box. It would be nice to store some standard explanations and not have to type in "shows both M or one m" or "at least 1 4 cd major".

• Size and Placement. I like that the system remembers where I want to place the box, but I wish it could remember how I choose to resize it. Further, it isn't possible to make the box smaller by removing the "edit" and "delete" buttons. I really never need them, why must they stay onscreen all the time?

That's all I've got today. There are probably other things I'm missing--does anyone remember how useful OKScript was? BBO is a vastly better system in general, why can't we get a few fixes in to improve the chat manager?

I'd add to the wish list that BBO should provide a button to copy the highlighted message to the clipboard at which point the user could paste it to the chat line of his/her choice or paste it to the explain line in the bidding box.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users