• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AVG on one-third of the boards Partially completed Virtual Club tournament

#1 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-10, 10:31

Our local club's game yesterday (June 9) fell out of the IBM Cloud and crashed down to earth as most were bidding board 13 of 18. I was looking at two results on board 12 when the cacophony of Director call sounds began. Good day to introduce that. :)

Everyone got average for boards 13-18, and the two results I never managed to review were also averages. To my surprise, after BBO came slowly back online and announcements were made that everyone affected would get refunds, the usual sources reported the tournament as complete. ACBL's Live For Clubs listed the game with the usual masterpoints for a game of that size, even though we never got near the minimum of 18 boards for full masterpoint awards.

Our next game starts in a little over an hour, and I expect I will get questions. Will refunds or perhaps partial refunds be given for this game? If not, I can probably convince the club owner to charge $1 less at next week's game in this time slot to quell the grumbles, but I want to be able to answer the questions I will be getting.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-11, 02:04

Thanks, overlooked this condition when looked for refunds.
Will look into this.

#3 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-11, 09:53

View PostGerardo, on 2020-June-11, 02:04, said:

Thanks, overlooked this condition when looked for refunds.
Will look into this.

Much appreciated, no hurry. Surprisingly few complaints or questions so far. Not like the grumbling inevitably heard when an offline game loses a round or two due to some outside event: fire alarm, power failure, etc.
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-11, 10:49

View PostMcBruce, on 2020-June-10, 10:31, said:

Our local club's game yesterday (June 9) fell out of the IBM Cloud and crashed down to earth as most were bidding board 13 of 18. I was looking at two results on board 12 when the cacophony of Director call sounds began. Good day to introduce that. :)

Everyone got average for boards 13-18, and the two results I never managed to review were also averages. To my surprise, after BBO came slowly back online and announcements were made that everyone affected would get refunds, the usual sources reported the tournament as complete. ACBL's Live For Clubs listed the game with the usual masterpoints for a game of that size, even though we never got near the minimum of 18 boards for full masterpoint awards.

Our next game starts in a little over an hour, and I expect I will get questions. Will refunds or perhaps partial refunds be given for this game? If not, I can probably convince the club owner to charge $1 less at next week's game in this time slot to quell the grumbles, but I want to be able to answer the questions I will be getting.

Shouldn’t the refunds be coming from BBO?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-11, 12:57

Refunds were issued.

#6 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-11, 19:08

Thanks for looking into this!

#7 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-11, 21:10

Thank you for pointing it out., sorry for the delay.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users