BBO Discussion Forums: Could not enter 1:15 or 2:15 ACBL tournaments today - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Could not enter 1:15 or 2:15 ACBL tournaments today

#1 User is offline   adamw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-05, 11:37

I issued an invitation to my partner. He was online and accepted the invite.

At my end, I got an "Invitation in progress. Please wait..." dialog box and eventually an "Invitation timed out" message.

I've written to BBO support and receved a reply saying they were overwhelmed so I thought I try here.

We were able to enter a tournament on Monday. Is there a trick to this?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-06, 14:14

The log for yesterday shows you sending the invites (4 times) for the 1:15 tourney, but no acceptances.

After that tourney started, you tried to invite him to the 2:15 3 times, with no acceptances. He logged out and logged in again 20 minutes later and you successfully registered.

I'm not sure why his acceptances weren't recognized by the server, it could be heavy load.

#3 User is offline   adamw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-10, 11:37

View Postbarmar, on 2020-June-06, 14:14, said:

The log for yesterday shows you sending the invites (4 times) for the 1:15 tourney, but no acceptances.

After that tourney started, you tried to invite him to the 2:15 3 times, with no acceptances. He logged out and logged in again 20 minutes later and you successfully registered.

I'm not sure why his acceptances weren't recognized by the server, it could be heavy load.

Got it - thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users