BBO Discussion Forums: How can I open a convention card in a new window? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How can I open a convention card in a new window?

#1 User is offline   adamw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-September-09, 11:28

I was able to do this easily in v2. This let me copy a URL that I could post or email. I have not found a way to do the same in v3. For now, I have v2 as a workaround.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-September-10, 08:22

I'm going to be working on some other fixes to convention cards in v3 shortly, I'll try to add this.

#3 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-September-11, 02:08

Same problem with Convention Card. My partner was mentioning, that he keeps the convention card open in another tab, as it pops up in a new window. I tried everything, but nothing of this sort happens for me. Safari browser on Mac with Permission granted to allow Pop-up windows under Safari preferences. Am I doing something wrong, or is it some bug?
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-September-12, 11:10

View PostDwingo, on 2019-September-11, 02:08, said:

Same problem with Convention Card. My partner was mentioning, that he keeps the convention card open in another tab, as it pops up in a new window. I tried everything, but nothing of this sort happens for me. Safari browser on Mac with Permission granted to allow Pop-up windows under Safari preferences. Am I doing something wrong, or is it some bug?

Are you using the Flash version? That's the only one where this option is available.

I just checked in Safari, and it works. After you click "Show" for the convention card, you should see "Open in new window" in the top right corner, and clicking that should open it in a new window or tab.

#5 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-September-12, 20:04

View Postbarmar, on 2019-September-12, 11:10, said:

Are you using the Flash version? That's the only one where this option is available.

I just checked in Safari, and it works. After you click "Show" for the convention card, you should see "Open in new window" in the top right corner, and clicking that should open it in a new window or tab.

Thanks barmar. I didn't see anything like "Open in new window" in the top right corner. However, my problem was resolved, as the menu bar ( that has the Back, Print,smaller font, bigger font icons) was right clickable and there were 2 options: 1) Open frame in new tab (2) Open frame in new window. Clicking on one of these solves my problem. Thanks for your quick support.

But I am still intrigued as to why I don't see anything in the Top right corner.
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-September-13, 09:07

View PostDwingo, on 2019-September-12, 20:04, said:

But I am still intrigued as to why I don't see anything in the Top right corner.

Because you're using the new version, not the Flash version.

#7 User is offline   yticolev 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-17, 08:53

New BBO user on Safari, had similar question, figured it out. V2 does not seem to be available (and who wants to use Flash anyway), but convention cards are available in V3. There are vertical tabs on the right side of the browser: Account>Convention cards (top tab)> now you have multiple options. I found my our card there that my partner had placed. Viewed, lots of errors, cannot edit from that view. Go back (there are some errors in Safari - at least in new window view), had to log back in and navigate back to card) - now edit card instead of view.

As far as creating a new window or tab, in both Windows and Mac computers, a right click gives you that option for any link (web programming on some sites or specific pages disallow this).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users