• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mobile app 5.0 feedback thread

#121 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-25, 21:40

And now the Baze has started and we can’t listen to voice commentary on vugraph. :(

#122 User is offline   wmb1956 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-26, 14:39

View Postfred, on 2017-November-08, 08:55, said:

There are 2 ways to see results:

1) Tap History at the bottom. The History area now includes history of deals played at your table.

2) Tap the box where the score is displayed. A scoreboard will appear without you having to go to a new screen. From there you can tap boards in the list and you will get another popup that will allow you to review the board you clicked.

Once you get the hang of it, I am confident you will find the new version to be significantly better than the old version in this regard (among many others).

About lack of landscape: the one and only reason we made this decision was because we were under time pressure to do a complete rewrite of the software (because the technology we had been using for old versions had become obsolete). We needed to make a couple of compromises in the interest of speed. Landscape was one of those compromises.

That was a difficult decision to make, but despite the reaction from people I still think this was the right decision. Sorry if you disagree and sorry for the inconvenience.

Given the reaction, I am guessing that implementing landscape mode will be a fairly high priority for us moving forward (though certainly not as high as bug fixes which is where I expect we will spend most of our energy during the next couple of weeks). That being had, I am not currently in a position to make any promises let alone guess at a time frame.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Fred

You guys have done a great job. Thank you for everything that you do for the betterment of bridge. Yes, landscape would be a good feature, particularly since that is how most iPod stands are designed, but I agree that the new version is a solid upgrade.

#123 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-26, 16:24

Using Android (samsung galaxy 7)

When I chose "log off" in the menu, I get a prompt to confirm. That's fine.

When I just exit by using the "back" button (lower right corner, outside the app window) it exits without a prompt. I have the impression that (at least sometimes) it's a crash rather than an exit since sometimes it's not possible to restart BBO immediately (I will get an entirely cream-coloured window instead of the usual BBO login screen) and I have to force-quit it before I can start it again.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#124 User is offline   devingen 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-27, 15:36

New software new code system exc.. not interested in functionality very bad playing with phone: 5 inc now 3 inc bridge hide chat only in settings ,when u host anyway players profile looking whom try to sit or in team match howmany board match where we know anyway? On top 2 menu same place we use our fingers we arent brain surgeon and we cant hide top place again,why u open yellow windows on screen when anyone write table ( in hide chat mode) window on cards bridge concentration game or u do chat proggramme?when programme ask any question whole screen but we play half screen bridge ?

#125 User is offline   MatCauthon 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-28, 07:12

Great job on the update! I know how hard it is to completely rewrite something and keep it looking almost exactly the same.

Two minor issues are bugging me:

1. When I tap a card to play it, the app is too sensitive to dragging. If my finger moves by a pixel or two while tapping, then the card isn't played.

2. In the history screen, when I'm playing through the history of the hand, I can't go fast - each card is played slowly, one at a time. If I've turned off animation for cards in the settings, it would be nice if that eliminated this delay too.

#126 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-November-28, 11:49

View PostMatCauthon, on 2017-November-28, 07:12, said:

2. In the history screen, when I'm playing through the history of the hand, I can't go fast - each card is played slowly, one at a time. If I've turned off animation for cards in the settings, it would be nice if that eliminated this delay too.

In Account->Settings->History enable "Advance trick by trick"

#127 User is offline   MatCauthon 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-29, 05:25

View Postbarmar, on 2017-November-28, 11:49, said:

In Account->Settings->History enable "Advance trick by trick"

I do have it set to advance trick by trick, but it animates the cards pretty slowly when displaying the trick. If I have General -> Animation turned off, it would be nice if it turned off this animation too.

#128 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-30, 05:34

View PostMatCauthon, on 2017-November-29, 05:25, said:

I do have it set to advance trick by trick, but it animates the cards pretty slowly when displaying the trick. If I have General -> Animation turned off, it would be nice if it turned off this animation too.

It does. There's a fraction of a second delay between each card, but no animation moving the cards from the hands into the playing area.

#129 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-December-05, 11:54

Landscape support added to last night's version (5.0.6) looks really great on a tablet. You've put in tremendous work over the past few weeks to add this. Sincere thanks!

#130 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-05, 18:35

New mobile app version released, re-adding landscape support and some minor bug fixes and improvements. Closing this thread, and opening a new one for feedback / comments

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users