• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mobile app 5.0 feedback thread

#101 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-19, 16:27

To charge a setting just tap on the switch at the very right of the setting in question - there is no need to try to "slide" to over.

If you think you are doing this already and it is still not working, please let us know - thanks.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#102 User is offline   sjcro 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-19, 17:43

Tapping works fine. Thanks very much.

#103 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-19, 22:10

Just tried an instant tourney for the first time with the new app. It’s even more terrible for ITs.
I tried to get the other tables results for B1, could not get ro them easily and ended up hitting PASS while reviewing B1.
You should never have the review screen on the same screen as live bidding buttons. That’s just simple UX.

#104 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-November-20, 08:41

View Post42krunner, on 2017-November-19, 22:10, said:

Just tried an instant tourney for the first time with the new app. It’s even more terrible for ITs.
I tried to get the other tables results for B1, could not get ro them easily and ended up hitting PASS while reviewing B1.

To see the other table results you have to go to the History screen. The only thing you can do in the little popup window is review your own play.
I've been using this version of the mobile app to play ITs and robodupes for months, and I don't think I've ever accidentally hit the bidding box while using the review window. It covers most of the window.

You should never have the review screen on the same screen as live bidding buttons. That’s just simple UX.

Since we don't display history constantly like the previous version, we wanted a more convenient way than making you switch screens.

We could make it a modal window, but I think that would interfere with using the tabs at the bottom to switch screens while using it. But maybe we could just disable buttons in the playing window while showing it.

#105 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-November-20, 14:24

View PostIsle, on 2017-November-14, 01:31, said:

Also very disturbing is that listening to music or the radio while playing bridge has been made impossible because at every new board there is a crack and the player is halted by the BBO software.
To state this new app has been tested thoroughly is a joke imo.

iOS has a restriction that only one app can play sound at a time. So if you have BBO sound effects enabled, then when it needs to make a sound the OS stops the radio app's playback.

The simple solution is to turn off sound effects in the BBO settings.

#106 User is offline   olegru 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Play bridge, read bridge, discusse bridge.

Posted 2017-November-20, 16:01

I had some strange bug on my IPAD, not sure if it was new version related or my connectivity.

I bid, clicked on my bid, type in explanation.
It shows me that explanations are there, but opponents cannot see them.

When I typed in explanations before bid - everything was ok.

#107 User is offline   Borisssss 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-20, 16:29

View Postbarmar, on 2017-November-09, 09:50, said:

Did you read the post I linked to above? It explains why we updated the app.

We've been testing it internally for months.

Fix landscape mode urgently, please

#108 User is offline   bethny 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-21, 06:53

Totally agree about problems with the colors causing dizziness. Thought it was just me!

#109 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-21, 07:49

Like the new app 😎😁
Only 1 thing, the result page showing our & their result font is too small
Running on Android 😀😁

#110 User is offline   ezwal 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-21, 08:51

I hate the new app. Using it on my Samsung Galaxy S6, when I switch to other apps (browser, messages etc), the BridgeBase app disconnects me and I have to re-log/re-start. Cumbersome and unpleasant.

Immediately after being disconnected, I receive several messages that I am not connected to Internet, when I try to re-log.

Trying to see History when playing anon? Good luck with that, what was easy and intuitive, one click and then "Other tables" (2 clicks in total), so that you could compare results, now gained another click, the app moving during all this at at turtle-like speed. Then countless other clicks to check plays at other tables.

Did I mention that the back button minimizes the app? Re-log time...

Speed of the cards? Designed to make you lose time and start exercising patience.

Easy to click the cards in the new version, too? Forget it!

Sorry, it is just awful.

#111 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-21, 10:47

Fred replied to this thread.

I sincerely hope that Fred and Uday are noting the many people that never posted on the forums before, that have come to this thread to voice their displeasure with the app. I'm very sorry to be so critical, but the experience is just not improving and is only getting worse.

Dan

#112 User is offline   Isle 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-21, 13:02

View Postbarmar, on 2017-November-20, 14:24, said:

iOS has a restriction that only one app can play sound at a time. So if you have BBO sound effects enabled, then when it needs to make a sound the OS stops the radio app's playback.

The simple solution is to turn off sound effects in the BBO settings.

Ty this helped. Still this new release is a batched job imo.

#113 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-21, 14:36

View Post42krunner, on 2017-November-21, 10:47, said:

Fred replied to this thread.

I sincerely hope that Fred and Uday are noting the many people that never posted on the forums before, that have come to this thread to voice their displeasure with the app. I'm very sorry to be so critical, but the experience is just not improving and is only getting worse.

Dan

No need to apologize - constructive criticism is always welcome and this sort of thing (ie a zillion complaints) happens whenever we make major user interface changes. We are reading the comments (and e-mails and...).

We are now testing a new version that will support landscape orientation (and perhaps include some bugs fixes and other small improvements). The complaints about no-landscape were more numerous and louder than we expected so it is likely we will do another release soon after we finish testing landscape (as opposed to waiting until we have made other additional substantial changes).

Thanks for your patience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#114 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-22, 05:17

Update I have sorted some of my issues.

a) Unable to rent a robot
My app data must have become corrupted during the initial upgrade. I tried resetting the apps' data using Android's Clear Data and Clear Cache (Apps > App info) buttons, but this didn't work. A complete uninstall and reinstall fixed the problem.

b) Small bidding box / cards
I was originally running with cards shown as Hand Diagrams. Changing it to 'Pictures of cards' improved the size of both the cards and the bidding box.

c) Chat area taking up valuable space
It took me ages to figure out how to remove the chat area (see below), but once I did both the size of the bidding box and the cards increased even further.

d) Small history window
There are two different ways to view history: one is pressing on the score on the top left hand side and the other is by the history tab on the bottom of the screen. My previous screenshot showed the 'score' method. You get a much larger view using the history tab.

A combination of b) and c) has helped make the application perfectly usable on a mobile phone.

----

Potential bug
I found it hard to disable the chat window. If you are in the main menu (and not at a table), pressing Account > Settings only gives you one entry under Chat viz. 'Show Lobby chat'. However, a second entry appears if you are at a table, 'Show chat'.

#115 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-22, 05:18

Question: is there no undo feature?

#116 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-22, 08:21

View Postbothyhead, on 2017-November-22, 05:18, said:

Question: is there no undo feature?

Ok, this is another oddity. The undo feature is not visible if you are in 'Just Play Bridge' mode. However, it is available when you rent a robot (and presumably while playing against real people).

#117 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-November-22, 09:38

View Postbothyhead, on 2017-November-22, 08:21, said:

Ok, this is another oddity. The undo feature is not visible if you are in 'Just Play Bridge' mode. However, it is available when you rent a robot (and presumably while playing against real people).

Whether undoes are allowed shouldn't depend on which client you're using. They're available when playing against humans in the MBC, and in tourneys where the host has allowed them (they're not allowed in any of the tourneys that BBO hosts, like robot tourneys or ACBL speedballs).

The difference is that in the web client the Undo button is visible but greyed out when it's not available, in v5 it's just hidden completely.

#118 User is offline   anovas 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-23, 00:36

After I have updated to the latest version, the app is freezed and I cant login. What's going on?

I am using Android version 5.1.1

Can anyone help? Thanks

#119 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-23, 12:07

View Postanovas, on 2017-November-23, 00:36, said:

After I have updated to the latest version, the app is freezed and I cant login. What's going on?

Try what I did and completely remove the software before reinstalling it again from the play store. You will need to know your BBO password though.

#120 User is offline   daniel1123 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-25, 14:54

Because of the lack of landscape mode, the app is useless now. Well done rushing it ! Can one go back to the previous one ?

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users