BBO Discussion Forums: Trumpality - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trumpality A new take on reality - or is it reality tv?

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2016-September-27, 09:59

Examples:
In Trumpality, if you complain but then say, "but I'm not complaining," it means you do not complain.
In Trumpality, if you tweet a comment but don't actually say the words out loud it means you never said it.
In Trumpality, saying, "Believe me," makes all preceding statements true, regardless of truthfulness or facts.
In Trumpality, criticism by an so-so American businessman can cause a change in NATO policy toward terrorism.

Too bad Trump wasn't born Donald Bane. :P
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-27, 10:31

https://www.facebook...?type=3

#3 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2016-September-27, 17:37

I like Clintonese. In Clintonese, you can say every possible version of what might have happened except what actually did happen and then later claim that you have always been consistent. In Clintonese economics, the stock market booming because interest rates stay artificially low because the economy is so weak is proof the the economy is strong. In Clintonese, you can be completely against the gold standard of trade deals by simply claiming that the deal lacks some unspecified terms that would make it the platinum standard of trade deals. In Clintonese, making hundreds of millions of dollars from Wall Street speaking fees proves that you are looking out for the little guy. In Clintonese, moving from two wars that we are fighting to six wars that others are fighting is good diplomacy. In Clintonese, voting for war with a full intelligence briefing is ok, but responding with no such briefing with "meh" is really bad. In Clintonese religious views, cartoon frogs are the Great Satan.

I have to admit...Pepe the Frog is creepy.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#4 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-September-27, 17:42

In Trumpality, being for Trump is rational.

Again, I am sure Kenrexford is a very intelligent person so there must be some other reason for him to adopt Trumpality. IMO, it is impossible for the basis of that choice to be cognizance so it must be something else. I can only hope there are fewer of his ilk voting in November than Hillary voters.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#5 User is online   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2016-September-27, 21:47

View PostWinstonm, on 2016-September-27, 17:42, said:

In Trumpality, being for Trump is rational.

Again, I am sure Kenrexford is a very intelligent person so there must be some other reason for him to adopt Trumpality. IMO, it is impossible for the basis of that choice to be cognizance so it must be something else. I can only hope there are fewer of his ilk voting in November than Hillary voters.

He's trolling...
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-27, 22:21

View PostPassedOut, on 2016-September-27, 21:47, said:

He's trolling...

I don't know. He may be. But coming to USA from a country that is dominantly Islamic, I have seen people who actually believe the kind of stuff Kenrexford says.
In USA I learned 1 thing for sure, if the so called conservatives here and fundamentals in Islamic region were born in same country, they all would be voting for republican party. They simply have identical views, who accidentally born in different regions..
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2016-September-28, 03:14

He's trolling...

Mabe. But he is terrified of immigration. If you only care about one issue, a politician's stance on all other issues, and their character, and their past performance, count for little.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#8 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2016-September-28, 04:32

View PostVampyr, on 2016-September-28, 03:14, said:

Mabe. But he is terrified of immigration. If you only care about one issue, a politician's stance on all other issues, and their character, and their past performance, count for little.

So true. That is why HRC should be excused for her horrible dealings with corrupt organizations, her atrocious record as SoS, her support of TPP, the state of the economy, the debt, and the like. She is strong on abortion.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#9 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-September-28, 06:52

View PostMrAce, on 2016-September-27, 22:21, said:

I don't know. He may be. But coming to USA from a country that is dominantly Islamic, I have seen people who actually believe the kind of stuff Kenrexford says.
In USA I learned 1 thing for sure, if the so called conservatives here and fundamentals in Islamic region were born in same country, they all would be voting for republican party. They simply have identical views, who accidentally born in different regions..

Amen!

#10 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-September-28, 06:56

He's trolling...

I think that its more likely that he's in the basket of deplorables...
Alderaan delenda est

#11 User is online   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-28, 07:04

View Posthrothgar, on 2016-September-28, 06:56, said:

I think that its more likely that he's in the basket of deplorables...

It was interesting to see how many people who claim to loathe political correctness had a hissy fit when Hillary slipped up and told the truth about that segment of voters...
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#12 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-28, 08:17

I felt really sorry for her that day. She was just saying what most of her supporters think, but when you're the candidate you can't always speak candidly like that.

#13 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-28, 08:18

In Trumpality, saying "I didn't say that" causes all the recordings of you saying that to be erased.

#14 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-September-28, 08:41

He's trolling...

I hope that is the case; however, whatever his reasons, I still find the total number of Americans willing to cast a vote for Trump as an extremely troubling sign.

#15 User is online   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-28, 08:49

View Postbarmar, on 2016-September-28, 08:17, said:

I felt really sorry for her that day. She was just saying what most of her supporters think, but when you're the candidate you can't always speak candidly like that.

For sure. But that inevitably leads to the criticism that she's not candid and genuine, and not likeable. Politics is a tough game.

#16 User is offline   andrei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-28, 09:21

View PostPassedOut, on 2016-September-28, 07:04, said:

It was interesting to see how many people who claim to loathe political correctness had a hissy fit when Hillary slipped up and told the truth about that segment of voters...

47%?
Don't argue with a fool. He has a rested brain
Before internet age you had a suspicion there are lots of "not-so-smart" people on the planet. Now you even know their names.

#17 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-September-28, 09:27

View PostPassedOut, on 2016-September-28, 07:04, said:

Most of the folks complaining about political correctness simply object to people criticizing their tribe.
Alderaan delenda est

#18 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2016-September-28, 11:05

View Postbarmar, on 2016-September-28, 08:17, said:

I have had a long history of strongly resisting being placed in any basket, even a good basket, whatever that might be. I have come to realize I am a bit extreme in this, and that my reactions sometimes work to my detriment, but I think the general inclination of rejecting such placement is widely shared.

Placing people in baskets is not a trait I admire, and when it is applied to me personally I react very badly.
Ken

#19 User is online   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-28, 11:52

View Postandrei, on 2016-September-28, 09:21, said:

47%?

A problem for Romney was that a substantial number of his 47% were older folks on social security who had paid income taxes for most of their lives, and Romney needed votes from that group. Clinton knows she's not going to get votes from Trump's basket of deplorables.

#20 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2016-September-28, 14:26

View Postkenberg, on 2016-September-28, 11:05, said:

I have had a long history of strongly resisting being placed in any basket, even a good basket, whatever that might be. I have come to realize I am a bit extreme in this, and that my reactions sometimes work to my detriment, but I think the general inclination of rejecting such placement is widely shared.

Placing people in baskets is not a trait I admire, and when it is applied to me personally I react very badly.

I presume you aren't retweeting tweets from white supremacist accounts?
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users