Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

fees where is info

#1 User is offline   alicehol 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-December-14, 05:22

Hallo, I have been enjoying playing but I cannot find any information on the fees. When I typed in search it said BBO was fee - yet I am frequently asked for money when I play - like trying to remove robot.
Please direct me to info regarding any fees needed to play properly
thankyou
Alice

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-December-14, 05:48

you can buy bbo dollars using this link:
https://www.bridgeba...urchase/pay.php

Once you have bought bbo dollars you can use them for renting robots, for playing fee tournaments, and for playing bridge for money.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-December-14, 09:35

View Postalicehol, on 2015-December-14, 05:22, said:

Hallo, I have been enjoying playing but I cannot find any information on the fees. When I typed in search it said BBO was fee - yet I am frequently asked for money when I play - like trying to remove robot.
Please direct me to info regarding any fees needed to play properly
thankyou
Alice

Hi Alice,

You don't have to pay anything to remove a robot. When you see a button that says "Robot" on an empty seat, it means you can place a robot there, if you want, for a fee ($1 per week, for basic robots, or $1 per day for advanced robots). When a robot is already seated at your table you will see a button saying "Remove", and if you click that the robot will go away, and you will not be charged anything.

Here's a screenshot showing a table with empty seats, where there are no robots:

Posted Image

And here's what it looks like when there are robots, which can be removed at no cost:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-14, 09:39

There are 2 things we charge fees for:

1. Playing with robots (but the first of every month is "free robots day").

2. Playing in tournaments that award prizes (either masterpoints or money awards).

#5 User is offline   macaw 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2015-December-14, 14:23

Bridge Base Online is a free site, which means there are no membership fees and you can play as much as you want in our clubs and some tournaments. This is not to say we don't have some extremely cool premium pay features like ACBL tournaments and robots, to provide just two examples. For those features you need a BB$ account.

Purchasing BB$ is easy to do. All BB$ is purchased using US$, and your credit card company takes care of any currency conversions for you if one is necessary, so that part is seamless for you.

$20 US$ buys $20 BB$, which is kept in your username's BB$ account until such time as you choose to do something with it. BB$ are prepaid tournament entry fees and robot subscription rental fees.

The cost of renting the robots is $1 BB$ for a week for the basic robots, unlimited time playing with the robots during the week, and an unlimited number of boards. You can set up the table to play with 1, 2 or 3 robots, that choice is strictly up to you. The cost for the advanced (tournament) robots is $1 BB$ for 24 hours, and the same thing applies - unlimited playing time during the 24 hours and as many boards as you want, 1 2 or 3 robots.

Tournament entry fees vary, from $0.25 for the very fast robot tournaments, to $5.00 for the Best Hand robot tournaments; most of the pay tournament organizations charge $1 BB$ for their tournaments. The cost for each tournament is posted on the tournament description.

Here is an online help file which describes the BB$ account, and another one which describes the BBO masterpoints levels:

http://www.bridgebas...v2help/bb$.html

http://www.bridgebas...ints_bandp.html

If you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Karen
BBO yellow names - macaw and Accounting

#6 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-December-14, 15:23

Still looking forward to the day that BBO notices some members pay two, three and even four figures per year and they provide a premium service that includes an ad blocker.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-December-14, 18:59

View PostPhil, on 2015-December-14, 15:23, said:

Still looking forward to the day that BBO notices some members pay two, three and even four figures per year and they provide a premium service that includes an ad blocker.

We do. Every time you purchase BB$ or play in a pay tourney, ads are blocked for a day.

Anyone who is paying 4 figures a year is probably doing one of those things nearly every day that they play, so they hardly ever see ads.

#8 User is offline   lebusuk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-25, 08:07

Do I have to pay to play a casual game of rubber bridge with three friends, nobody else?

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-March-25, 09:09

We don't have rubber bridge. But you can play casual games in the Main Bridge Club for free. Go into Casual, click on "Start a Table".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users