• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Good bid!

#461 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:59

OK I did read the long post you made. It was actually kind of funny, and I found myself laughing like Peachy did. However, I have issues with it now.

Before I start I'm really at a loss about how you think I was getting personal. Later, I called you childish (sorry about that - oops there's my lack of killer instinct coming through).

I mean, I read the whole thing several times and I just scratch my head. You kept the killer instinct thing neutral (although later you said that it was important to someone who plays a high level of bridge), TimG disagrees, I disagree with him and then I make a harmless joke about it when Josh seems to agree with me. (Later you discussed how I mocked you. MOCKED you! Like you are some kind of royalty. This I still laugh about). So where did I get personal?

But I guess it wasn't that harmless. You talk about Josh's lack of killer instinct, and I happened to disagree. Yeah, you know him better than I do, but this isn't a contest about that. I just offered a different viewpoint. Then you went out of your way to say how you didn't care about how I acted at the table. I had just returned from a bike ride, read this, and simply responded AMIIC.

How am I doing so far?

Then you go off on your rant / ad hominem attack / tirade, whatever you want to call it. Something must have really set you off. I have no problem with you rehashing what is said in a public forum and putting your own spin on it. However, I do have problem when you accuse me of:

- looking silly
- saying dumb things
- having a pathological (i.e. mental) disorder
- playing in social bridge games (i.e., weak)
- being childish.

Do you agree these are personal attacks? Do you deny any of this?

---------

So I'm like making dinner and happen to read a little bit about your rant. I make a brief response (so I thought) You bring Haspel into it who is a mutual friend, since apparently he has credibility with me and you don't. You try to make light of it, but you can't.

---------

Mike steps in. Now, regardless of what you say, there is simply no one, and I mean NO ONE that everyone respects on here more than him. I mean, talk about taking on the biggest dog on the block.

And you respond...

So I practically choke on my dinner as I read this endless string of epithets which is mercilessly edited by Inquiry. I mean, its so sad. I've been on here for about seven years and I've never read anything like this. Not even when you were going off about that 5 thread about four years ago.

However, I'm not mad, nor my feelings are hurt, since I am much more concerned about you after reading that.

So, I'm willing to forget the whole thing if you are and go back to talking about bridge. If you want to continue on this path, I don't want any part of it.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#462 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2010-August-04, 23:04

JLOGIC, on Aug 4 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

I don't care anymore. I'm a bad person I'm a jerk I'm mean I'm not smart I think I'm better than I am, I'm only good at bridge because I was lucky to get opportunities, I am uneducated, I'm a drug addict, I'm a gambling addict, I am a psychopath, I fail so much I can't even kill myself, blah blah blah.

You made me crack and you can laugh at that. I have cracked. You all win. Phil, Mike, everyone, you all win. Don't you see now? I'm a psychopath. You win. I can't deal with anything. You win. You all win. Good job. I don't care anymore.

Whatever you want from me you have it. I have nothing. I am pathetic. This post is pathetic. It's all pathetic. I don't know what else you want. I have nothing left. One day it will all be over and that is the only hope I have left, that life is not eternal. But hey, that's something.

Now that post was funny! Especially read together with the 'signature'. There's hope for us all yet...unless you meant it, in which case...get help, Justin. Meanwhile I am laughing with you, I hope.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#463 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 23:50

I AM A PSYCHOPATH BUT MIKEH IS GIVING ME THE HELP I NEED

#464 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 03:50

JLOGIC, on Aug 5 2010, 04:24 AM, said:

I'm a bad person I'm a jerk I'm mean I'm not smart I think I'm better than I am, I'm only good at bridge because I was lucky to get opportunities, I am uneducated, I'm a drug addict, I'm a gambling addict

Agree with JLOGIC

Spoiler

#465 User is offline   lmilne 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-August-05, 06:21

Fluffy, on Aug 5 2010, 04:50 AM, said:

Agree with JLOGIC

haha, good one fluffy B)

also, I never realised there was so much pent-up drama and personal vendettas on BBF until I read this thread. Isn't bridge just a game any more?

#466 User is offline   lmilne 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 06:25

also, I'm no mod, but editing a post seems a bit incomplete...maybe deleting a whole couple of pages of this thread, posting a warning to keep things on topic (so long ago! what were we talking about again?), other stuff? people come into this thread to find out about the hand and discussion on that ended a long time ago.

#467 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 06:28

Since the topic has changed to something on which I have an opinion, I will offer it:

As someone who has played a reasonable number of boards against Justin (including a bunch in New Orleans), I can say with complete confidence that he is an absolutely GREAT bridge player.

I also happen to like him very much from a personal point of view.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#468 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-August-05, 07:03

JLOGIC, on Aug 5 2010, 05:24 AM, said:

I don't care anymore. I'm a bad person I'm a jerk I'm mean I'm not smart I think I'm better than I am, I'm only good at bridge because I was lucky to get opportunities, I am uneducated, I'm a drug addict, I'm a gambling addict, I am a psychopath, I fail so much I can't even kill myself, blah blah blah.

You made me crack and you can laugh at that. I have cracked. You all win. Phil, Mike, everyone, you all win. Don't you see now? I'm a psychopath. You win. I can't deal with anything. You win. You all win. Good job. I don't care anymore.

Whatever you want from me you have it. I have nothing. I am pathetic. This post is pathetic. It's all pathetic. I don't know what else you want. I have nothing left. One day it will all be over and that is the only hope I have left, that life is not eternal. But hey, that's something.

<kidding>Is this a good time to call you a troll? B) </kidding>
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#469 User is offline   scrote 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-August-05, 08:40

lmilne, on Aug 5 2010, 07:25 AM, said:

also, I'm no mod, but editing a post seems a bit incomplete...maybe deleting a whole couple of pages of this thread, posting a warning to keep things on topic (so long ago! what were we talking about again?), other stuff? people come into this thread to find out about the hand and discussion on that ended a long time ago.

Don't be such a killjoy

#470 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2010-August-05, 08:54

fred, on Aug 5 2010, 07:28 AM, said:

Since the topic has changed to something on which I have an opinion, I will offer it:

As someone who has played a reasonable number of boards against Justin (including a bunch in New Orleans), I can say with complete confidence that he is an absolutely GREAT bridge player.

I also happen to like him very much from a personal point of view.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

I don't see anyone disagreeing with either aspect of your post, Fred, either before or after. Even likable people sometimes write things they shouldn't...the internet makes that far easier than it is in person: I know, I have been guilty of much the same...that was all my post(s) to Justin were about
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#471 User is offline   bill1157 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 09:43

All 32 pages have so far been very entertaining. sometimes the greatest complement you can pay a bridge player is to say that he(she) cheated and then be unable to explain how!

Bill

#472 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:13

bill1157, on Aug 5 2010, 10:43 AM, said:

All 32 pages have so far been very entertaining. sometimes the greatest complement you can pay a bridge player is to say that he(she) cheated and then be unable to explain how!

Bill

32 pages of posts on this thread and this may be the strangest one of all.

#473 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:18

I agree with almost everything in this thread (obviously not posts that are contradictory to one another), but I don't understand one thing.

MikeH, whoever told you that you were likeable?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#474 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:40

ArtK78, on Aug 5 2010, 11:13 AM, said:

bill1157, on Aug 5 2010, 10:43 AM, said:

All 32 pages have so far been very entertaining.  sometimes the greatest complement you can pay a bridge player is to say that he(she) cheated and then be unable to explain how!

Bill

32 pages of posts on this thread and this may be the strangest one of all.

Wow, that take ME off the hook (sorta)
Thanks, Art!

#475 User is offline   junyi_zhu 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:45

JLOGIC, on Aug 5 2010, 04:24 AM, said:

You are certainly not a bad person. Well, not very good either. I think most people are like that including me. I actually think you are my friend despite that incident. Sometimes, I think I am a jerk too if I don't control my emotion. I certainly respect your bridge a lot. I think in some sense, every good bridge player is a jerk....

#476 User is offline   mikeh 

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:53

gwnn, on Aug 5 2010, 11:18 AM, said:

I agree with almost everything in this thread (obviously not posts that are contradictory to one another), but I don't understand one thing.

My dogs, Bubba and Teddy

'course that might be because of the kibble....do you think that would work here?

#477 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-August-05, 11:01

Your posts (ok, the vast majority of your posts) are like kibble to the intellect. :)
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#478 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2010-August-05, 11:18

mikeh, on Aug 5 2010, 07:53 PM, said:

gwnn, on Aug 5 2010, 11:18 AM, said:

My dogs, Bubba and Teddy

'course that might be because of the kibble....do you think that would work here?

I always used to say that my pet rats offered unconditional greed...

They didn't care who you were, what you did, or where you were coming from as long as you had yogurt treats and frozen peas.
Alderaan delenda est

#479 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 11:37

A sign outside a local church.....

I strive to be the man my dog thinks I am.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#480 User is offline   OleBerg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Model-Railways.

Posted 2010-August-05, 11:53

Come on:

A headstrong guy with a medical condition is trailing and decides to go for a swing.

The way he tries ranges somewhere betweem bad judgement and idiotic.

He catches a once-in-a-lifetime layout.

Then a young guy, also with a medical condition, makes some comments he should have considered a little more carefully.

Next board.

Do not underestimate the power of the dark side. Or the ninth trumph.

Best Regards Ole Berg

We should always assume 2/1 unless otherwise stated, because:

- If the original poster didn't bother to state his system, that means that he thinks it's obvious what he's playing. The only people who think this are 2/1 players.

Gnasher

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users