• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Good bid!

#441 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:06

inquiry, on Aug 4 2010, 05:32 PM, said:

...However, it seems Justin was wrong when he said he was disciplined for ethical reasons. To be accurate, it might have said he was "suspected" of ethical violations, or perhaps better, "accused but not proven of prior ethical violations."

It should be hard to say "Justin was wrong", when the published minutes of at least 3 different nationals mention that something went beyond simply "accusation".

Example, Toronto 2001:
"In the matter of Howard Piltch 's (N966671) appeal of the decision of District 25 Disciplinary and Appellate Committee's decisions, the committee affirms the factual findings of the committees, but finds the previous discipline is excessive... reduced to public reprimand and 30 days probation... "

(The developments centered on appeals, which did not exactly succeed.)

#442 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:11

Oh, I should probably include (same minutes, Toronto 2001):

"however, because Mr. Piltch has been disciplined twice within a 24 month period, he is automatically placed on ACBL probation for two years by ACBL management. "

#443 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:17

Phil, on Aug 4 2010, 12:18 PM, said:

The knowledge of some small diamonds in LHOs hand makes 6 worse not better.

Flash 4-5 spades in LHO and 6 becomes a lot better.

The vulnerability was r/r right? If it were r/w there's more to be said for a blast to slam to shut out a sac.

It depends on what you mean by two or three small diamonds. As in if I saw 2 cards in my LHO hand and they were both diamonds, then the odds of 6 goes way down. But if instead my LHO sorted his cards and I briefly saw them and noticed he only had, say, 2 low diamonds, now the odds of 6 go way, way up.

My first thought when I heard about this in NO was I wonder if he saw LHO cards and saw only 2 low diamonds?

#444 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:28

Mbodell, on Aug 4 2010, 07:17 PM, said:

But if instead my LHO sorted his cards and I briefly saw them and noticed he only had, say, 2 low diamonds, now the odds of 6 go way, way up.

My first thought when I heard about this in NO was I wonder if he saw LHO cards and saw only 2 low diamonds?

Now that we have learned(?) that inadvertent glances of the opps flashed cards are AI not UI, it makes me wonder:

A) When a "non-putz" bids accordingly, successfully, and is questioned about an apparently unusual call, what will stating the root of the AI that influenced him result in?

(Ie; neutral feelings? condemnation, forgiveness, hate, anger, indignation, admiration, ???)

#445 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:28

JLOGIC, on Aug 4 2010, 06:30 PM, said:

Phil, on Aug 4 2010, 10:54 AM, said:

jdonn, on Aug 4 2010, 10:34 AM, said:

It doesn't sound like rubbing it in to me, it sounds like remorse for the fact that your opponents got fixed. Sure you may not feel bad in that someone had to get fixed but you can still feel bad for the particular pair that it happened to.

Josh you clearly lack killer instinct! You are a flaccid wiggling pool of gelatinous goo.

After work, do us all a favor, and go out into the desert and hunt down a javelina with your bare hands.

Heh I know you are trying to mock me because your feelings got hurt, but I would say that Josh does indeed lack killer instinct and is too nice. For someone of his level who will compete at the highest levels probably, I do think that's a problem (whereas in general I don't think it's a problem).

Of course I think Josh feels differently so maybe I'm wrong :P

From what I've seen from Josh, I don't get that impression at all.

As for me, I suppose you'd have to ask my partners. At the table I'm not even aware how I act.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#446 User is offline   Phil 

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:30

Mbodell, on Aug 4 2010, 07:17 PM, said:

Phil, on Aug 4 2010, 12:18 PM, said:

The knowledge of some small diamonds in LHOs hand makes 6 worse not better.

Flash 4-5 spades in LHO and 6 becomes a lot better.

The vulnerability was r/r right? If it were r/w there's more to be said for a blast to slam to shut out a sac.

It depends on what you mean by two or three small diamonds. As in if I saw 2 cards in my LHO hand and they were both diamonds, then the odds of 6 goes way down. But if instead my LHO sorted his cards and I briefly saw them and noticed he only had, say, 2 low diamonds, now the odds of 6 go way, way up.

I wonder how you'd know if LHO had exactly two small diamonds without seeing the entire hand? Then you'd have a pretty good sense of the odds of 6.
Hi y'all!

#447 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 18:59

I AM A PSYCHOPATH BUT MIKEH IS GIVING ME THE HELP I NEED

#448 User is offline   Phil 

Posted 2010-August-04, 19:59

JLOGIC, on Aug 4 2010, 07:59 PM, said:

Phil, on Aug 4 2010, 07:28 PM, said:

JLOGIC, on Aug 4 2010, 06:30 PM, said:

Phil, on Aug 4 2010, 10:54 AM, said:

jdonn, on Aug 4 2010, 10:34 AM, said:

It doesn't sound like rubbing it in to me, it sounds like remorse for the fact that your opponents got fixed. Sure you may not feel bad in that someone had to get fixed but you can still feel bad for the particular pair that it happened to.

Josh you clearly lack killer instinct! You are a flaccid wiggling pool of gelatinous goo.

After work, do us all a favor, and go out into the desert and hunt down a javelina with your bare hands.

Heh I know you are trying to mock me because your feelings got hurt, but I would say that Josh does indeed lack killer instinct and is too nice. For someone of his level who will compete at the highest levels probably, I do think that's a problem (whereas in general I don't think it's a problem).

Of course I think Josh feels differently so maybe I'm wrong :P

From what I've seen from Josh, I don't get that impression at all.

As for me, I suppose you'd have to ask my partners. At the table I'm not even aware how I act.

Cool story bro. I think it's safe to assume I know josh slightly better than you though!

Don't think I ever commented on you or your killer instinct or lack thereof. I don't know and don't care very much!

AMIIC.

Bro.
Hi y'all!

#449 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2010-August-04, 20:34

#450 User is offline   peachy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:03

Chuckled all the way reading Justin's last post!!!!!!!!
Edit: Nay, correct it. My stomach hurt afterward a little bit, from laughing.

#451 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:07

DELETED BY AUTHOR

#452 User is offline   Phil 

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:17

Justin:

I don't really have the patience or the interest to read all of your little childish tirade - and didn't. I stopped reading after about the 3rd paragraph. So I won't respond to your flame-bait - since I didn't even read what you said.

I appreciate your bridge contributions to BBF, but I (and probably thousands of others that read this) can do without your rants.

Phil
Hi y'all!

#453 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:19

#454 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:34

Justin: lighten up, ok?

We all know you are a fine bridge player and an intelligent guy (altho I suspect that there are several posters here whose IQ's significantly exceed yours). So Phil is overly sensitive...where does that give you licence to unleash a multi-paragraph personal attack in which you repeat remarks already made about how you don't care about him...only, it seems about friends? How many times do you have to say how little you care about him?

You may have your sycophants who lap up everything you write, but when you stray from bridge into personalities, you risk creating a bad impression of what kind of human (as opposed to what kind of bridge player) you are. Of course, maybe you don't care. Which would also say a lot about you.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#455 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:52

This post has been edited by JLOGIC: 2010-August-05, 17:47

#456 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:16

You've got a lot of great qualities Justin, and most enjoy them immensely. Some just never will, that makes a world, which is full of great things as well as crap.

Like most folks, you may occasionally have your lesser moments, and if people react strongly it's just a sorta personal baggage that gets the best of them (or worst of them.) So whatever.

Just know your many good personality traits and contributions would be missed greatly if they were gone from this forum and elsewhere. So stick around, and do what you do. PLEASE!

#457 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:24

#458 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:31

Yeah yeah, you got problems. Who doesn't?

You also can be charming, funny, smart, loyal, helpful, talented, insightful, etc.

What's not to like?

OK you can be annoying and if you don't take your meds, lose a grip.

So what?

I mean cmon. perspective, man.

Not self-pity, not "you'll be sorry when I'm gone"

Because we would be. Many here love you, like you, enjoy you.

Even those you might piss off.

So shake it off man, please.

#459 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:33

#460 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:54

JLOGIC, on Aug 4 2010, 09:34 PM, said:

Ahh, following the thread of Phil posts, always an interesting and exciting excersize.

Lol Phil you're very funny. Let's do another "follow the Phil posts."

This seems to be the start of the attack. Sarcasm is evident. As a user of sarcasm, I think I recognize it. It is an aggresive form of humour.

So now that the great jdonn has agreed with Phil, he sees this as ammo to fire a shot! He has been attacked, but with jdonn agreeing with him he musters of some courage:

This is an accusation of cowardice. Hmmm...looks like a personal attack to me

What kind of pathological disorder do you have where it has to be about you?

Suggesting that someone has a pathological condition is rarely seen as complimentary

I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings that I thought that wanting to say sorry generally shows a neutral characteristic that is probably a positive thing in the social bridge settings that you usually play in.

Maybe this is neutral, but when I read it I took it as a not-so-subtle reference to the levels at which you play compared to the levels at which Phil plays. It may be that my view was biased by your historical patronizing of Phil and the games in which he plays. It may seem silly to you but a lot of people have a significant and important (at least to them) life outside of bridge and bridge is a hobby, not a way to earn a living. Making patronizing comments demeans you more than it does your target. I wouldn't have mentioned this passage were it not for the context.

Then there were the oft-repeated refrences to how little you care about Phil...a repetition that struck me as odd if you didn't care about him or his comments. I thought you protested a little too much...or were you really trying to drive home just how insignificant people like Phil are to you?

As for my passive-aggressive attack on you...wow...another psychological analysis! I may be mistaken, in which case I extend to you my apology, but I recall a thread in which my impression was that you posted your IQ, which is, if memory serves high. I was not referring to my IQ, or to me, when I suggested that there may be several posters here with higher IQs...it struck me then and now that posting one's high IQ on a site such as this is a weird thing to do. Maybe it wasn't you who posted it or maybe it was in jest. As I say, if I misunderstood, I regret that part of my post.

As for some people thinking you are an asshole...I am not in that camp. As someone who is quite capable of acting like an asshole on occasion (and you may think I am doing so in this thread) I am not going to judge someone merely on the words they write on a forum post unles they are truly despicable words.

I would hope that someone who dishes out the criticism as strongly as you do won't sulk off somewhere merely because someone gives some back to you. I don't think you are that cowardly...and I respect your bridge views very much and would not like to see those posts come to an end.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users