• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO Web-Client Thread 9

#61 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-January-20, 12:24

eleanorsf, on Jan 20 2010, 09:32 AM, said:

On the new Friends List, I've noticed that when stars log off they remain on the list. Or at least some stars some of the time. Their profiles show them as offline.

Thanks for the bug report. It will be fixed in the next version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#62 User is offline   stacy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-January-22, 06:36

fred, on Jan 6 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

The main issue here is cost. Would you be willing to pay more than $1 per week to play with a stronger version of GIB? If we thought that a lot of users would answer "yes" to this question, it might speed up our development in this area. If not we will have to wait until the cost of running GIBs goes down.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Not only would I pay more for better GIBs, I'd pay a LOT more if they played my system. To be specific: it would not be unusual for a serious student of the game to spend $50(+) an hour to play online with a professional partner. Surely the robots could be trained to Gazilli me for less :rolleyes:

stacy
stacyjacobs.com

#63 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2010-January-22, 15:09

When you finish a Robot Duplicate, and you see the list of tables that are still playing, it would be nice if they showed what board each one was currently playing. You could put this in the Description column, which is currently not used for anything.

#64 User is offline   jmc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-January-22, 22:23

In the windows client when I clicked the alert button, I think it would move the cursor to the box where I typed in the description. It would be very nice if the web version could do the same, otherwise I may have to stop playing Precision :).

jmc

#65 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-22, 23:17

jmc, on Jan 23 2010, 04:23 AM, said:

In the windows client when I clicked the alert button, I think it would move the cursor to the box where I typed in the description. It would be very nice if the web version could do the same, otherwise I may have to stop playing Precision :).

jmc

Good idea, thanks. I will make it so in the next version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#66 User is offline   eleanorsf 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-24, 14:25

Once again I can't get the Club button to work, and I tried logging off and on, and re-entering the club. No changes on my side, so I think it must be a bug in the Web version.

#67 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-24, 14:39

eleanorsf, on Jan 24 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

Once again I can't get the Club button to work, and I tried logging off and on, and re-entering the club. No changes on my side, so I think it must be a bug in the Web version.

Can you please let me know what club you are referring to and also describe the sequence of clicks you use to enter the club?

When you say it is not working, is that because you try to chat->club and do not see your own chat?

Does the problem occur both when you are at a table in the club and when you are looking at the list of tables in the club?

I suspect it will be easy to fix this once I understand what is going on.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#68 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2010-January-25, 10:49

jmc, on Jan 22 2010, 11:23 PM, said:

In the windows client when I clicked the alert button, I think it would move the cursor to the box where I typed in the description. It would be very nice if the web version could do the same, otherwise I may have to stop playing Precision :P.

jmc

Don't bother clicking the alert button at all, just click in the description field and start typing. If you enter an explanation, the bid is automatically alerted. I wish the alert button would just go away, as I dislike when players alert without giving an explanation. Unexplained alerts should only be kept in Vugraph mode, because often the operator can't see what the players are writing to each other.

#69 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-05, 09:59

Can you create a utility that will print groups of hands on teh same page? Often after a BBO match I want to take some of the hands ot the pub, at the moment I only know of a way to print one hand per piece of paper by downloading the lin files and printing them. It would be good if I could collect all the hands into a single file that would print with several boards per side.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#70 User is offline   eleanorsf 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-06, 12:33

fred, on Jan 24 2010, 03:39 PM, said:

eleanorsf, on Jan 24 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

Can you please let me know what club you are referring to and also describe the sequence of clicks you use to enter the club?

When you say it is not working, is that because you try to chat->club and do not see your own chat?

Does the problem occur both when you are at a table in the club and when you are looking at the list of tables in the club?

I suspect it will be easy to fix this once I understand what is going on.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

The Club button appears at all times that I'm in the TPT Club. I ran two tests in two circumstances.

First in the club, but not at a table. Clicked on Club button and wrote "test". It did not appear in the stream of chat. There was no response from anyone. Secondly I wrote "test-if you see this send me a private message". Did not appear in the chat stream, and no response from anyone.

Same thing happened when I was at a table playing. Clicked on Club, wrote "test", it did not appear in chat stream, and no response. Next wrote "test--if you see this send me a private message." it did not appear in the chat stream nor did anyone respond.

I enter the TPT club by clicking Home, Show All Tables, All Public and Private Clubs, The Total Points Tournament Bridge Club. That gets into the club, and the next thing players do is go kib the TDs table toi await pairings and assignments.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

#71 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-06, 13:24

Thanks Eleanor.

I understand now. It will be fixed in the next version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#72 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-06, 13:36

I am not usually allowed to put more than one robot on a teaching table. I think I have managed once, but in general, once I have put a robot on one seat, the "click for robot" will not appear on other seats.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#73 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2010-February-07, 10:56

request for bidding table:

could the bidding table host have an option to see his partner`s hand?
could the bidding table host have an option where his partner sees his hand?
then the third option, both see each other hands and react to the bots bidding.

same request for teaching tables too.

thanks bbo

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#74 User is offline   Patapon 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-07, 20:49

Playing in a robot race tournament I couln't chat to the players playing in the same tournament.

In the "who is online area" a friend was marked as playing ( even after I refreshed)but he was not playing( I checked on BBOwin)

#75 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-February-12, 09:56

Version 33 of the web-client is now available. Here is a link to a thread that announces Version 33 and details the changes that were made:

Link to Version 33 announcement

This thread is now closed. There is now a new thread where you can add your comments:

Link to new web-client comments thread

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users