BBO Discussion Forums: After capp and a new suit - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After capp and a new suit

#1 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-August-13, 14:57

Speedball IMPS, r/w

Kxx, Qx, AQxx, KQJx

1N - (2♣)* - 2♦** - 2♠
?

* - single suiter
** - transfer

what say you?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#2 User is offline   pooltuna 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,814
  • Joined: 2009-July-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Orleans

Posted 2009-August-13, 15:55

Phil, on Aug 13 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

Speedball IMPS, r/w

Kxx, Qx, AQxx, KQJx

1N - (2♣)* - 2♦** - 2♠
?

* - single suiter
** - transfer

what say you?

Well partner is captain and has asked me to express an opinion after 2♦. Given that I like ♥ and have a maximum then any non pass call will express that and other information. If I don't like ♥ it is my job to express it the only way I can by passing. So do you like ♥? B)
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw
0

#3 User is offline   kenrexford 

  • Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,586
  • Joined: 2005-September-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lima, Allen County, North-West-Central Ohio, USA
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2009-August-13, 17:20

I have 3244 shape.

LHO has shown a one-suited hand.

Partner has hearts, but probably fewer than four spades.

RHO has real spades.

Sounds like LHO probably has hearts. Hearts probably split 5-1 or 6-0.

Spades probably split 5-2 or 6-1.

I think whoever declares will have trouble, but we might survive in a minor.

I think, however, minorsprobably split rather evenly, making our defensive prospects really good.

I don't think I need to lead a trump.

I want to double for penalty. I think we beat 2♠.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.
0

#4 User is offline   Echognome 

  • Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,386
  • Joined: 2005-March-22

Posted 2009-August-13, 17:27

Has partner promised any values? I say he hasn't. So why don't I wait to hear what he has to say? If I had a better fit I might act, but not with only 2-card support.
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright
0

#5 User is offline   karlson 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 974
  • Joined: 2005-April-06

Posted 2009-August-13, 17:31

This must be an MI case, I don't understand how it's a real problem.

Penalty double? Even if partner has some values, I don't see why we're beating this. Why can't they just have 5 trumps, a ruff, the ace of clubs and a red suit trick? I also don't see why lefty should have hearts instead of, say, diamonds.
0

#6 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2009-August-14, 03:47

Dbl, showing values and no fit
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

#7 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-August-14, 03:47

pass, (strong NT) values, no fit
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#8 User is offline   helene_t 

  • The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,401
  • Joined: 2004-April-22
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Odense, Denmark
  • Interests:History, languages

Posted 2009-August-14, 04:50

Agree with Csaba.

Btw, this is the "interesting bridge hands" forum, please create an "boring bridge hands" forum for this kind of problems.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket
0

#9 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2009-August-14, 05:14

Pass
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#10 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-August-14, 08:39

Does partner compete with hearts and a bust hand here? (no).
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#11 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-August-14, 09:30

do i want him to compete? I don't think I have a spectacular hand for hearts.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users