BBO Discussion Forums: How would you approach this contract? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How would you approach this contract? Interesting at the time

#1 User is offline   barryallen 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 2008-June-03

Posted 2009-July-07, 04:59

Scoring: Rubber

Contract is 6♠ by South, lead ♥


What would be your line in this contract?
bridge is never always a game of exact, for those times it's all about percentages, partner and the opponents.
0

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-07, 05:48

♥A, win ♣Q, ♣A and discard a heart on third round of clubs. Wait, I can cash ♠K before this I do.
0

#3 User is offline   se12sam 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 2009-March-22

Posted 2009-July-07, 14:13

If we intend to try a club finesse (hoping it wins) and a heart discard, I'd still need to ruff a heart and possibly a fourth club in dummy. I may as well hope for a 2-2 trump split.
I win the ♥A, cash the ♦A, ruff a low ♦ with ♠2, return to dummy with ♠Q and ruff a low ♦ with ♠J.
* If the ♦K falls, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and play the ♦Q throwing a heart. If trumps were 3-1 and the ♦Q gets ruffed, I still have a fall back on the club finesse.
* If the ♦K did not fall yet, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and hope spades are 2-2 + the ♣K is onside.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users