What would be your line in this contract?
Page 1 of 1
How would you approach this contract? Interesting at the time
#1
Posted 2009-July-07, 04:59
What would be your line in this contract?
bridge is never always a game of exact, for those times it's all about percentages, partner and the opponents.
#2
Posted 2009-July-07, 05:48
♥A, win ♣Q, ♣A and discard a heart on third round of clubs. Wait, I can cash ♠K before this I do.
#3
Posted 2009-July-07, 14:13
If we intend to try a club finesse (hoping it wins) and a heart discard, I'd still need to ruff a heart and possibly a fourth club in dummy. I may as well hope for a 2-2 trump split.
I win the ♥A, cash the ♦A, ruff a low ♦ with ♠2, return to dummy with ♠Q and ruff a low ♦ with ♠J.
* If the ♦K falls, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and play the ♦Q throwing a heart. If trumps were 3-1 and the ♦Q gets ruffed, I still have a fall back on the club finesse.
* If the ♦K did not fall yet, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and hope spades are 2-2 + the ♣K is onside.
I win the ♥A, cash the ♦A, ruff a low ♦ with ♠2, return to dummy with ♠Q and ruff a low ♦ with ♠J.
* If the ♦K falls, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and play the ♦Q throwing a heart. If trumps were 3-1 and the ♦Q gets ruffed, I still have a fall back on the club finesse.
* If the ♦K did not fall yet, I lead a low spade to dummy's ♠K and hope spades are 2-2 + the ♣K is onside.
Page 1 of 1

Help

Contract is 6♠ by South, lead ♥