Eventually we will assign imps for different actions.
Page 1 of 1
Sit down in a JEC Match Hand 6, .... Board 16
#1
Posted 2009-July-03, 08:31
We have all seen and kibitzed Jimmy Cayne matches, some of us have played in them (in my case with not a good result for me). All these hands will be from Feb 2, 2009 match. Here is the second hand from that match on the BBO, see how you would do. Note: these actual hands and not problem hands, per se. Most will not be a major challenge BBO forum regulars.
Eventually we will assign imps for different actions.
Eventually we will assign imps for different actions.
--Ben--
#2
Posted 2009-July-03, 10:26
Pass. I lead a diamond.
Dummy could have strong hearts, a spade void and clubs. Our main hope is to be able to set up a second trick before the ♣A is extracted. And that is more likely to be in diamonds.
Dummy could have strong hearts, a spade void and clubs. Our main hope is to be able to set up a second trick before the ♣A is extracted. And that is more likely to be in diamonds.
#3
Posted 2009-July-03, 12:10
In real life I'd have a reasonable idea of what my 3♥ and partner's 4♣ showed.
Opposite me, 4♣ would show extra playing strength and short clubs. If that's what it shows, it looks right to save. We can't be going for more than 800, and it's hard to imagine where a second trick is coming from.
Opposite me, 4♣ would show extra playing strength and short clubs. If that's what it shows, it looks right to save. We can't be going for more than 800, and it's hard to imagine where a second trick is coming from.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
#4
Posted 2009-July-03, 12:15
I like saving, defending is too risky to me.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
#5
Posted 2009-July-03, 13:09
I'll save.
I really hate my previous action. I would have just bid 4♠ the last time.
I really hate my previous action. I would have just bid 4♠ the last time.
"It is not enough to be a good player. You must also play well." -- Tarrasch
#6
Posted 2009-July-03, 15:03
I'll dive. They might even lead a club and let me out for 500.
Hi y'all!
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Page 1 of 1

Help

(1♥)-2♠-(3♣)-3♥
(3♠)-4♣-(4♦)-4♠
(6♣)-P-(P)-?
Another easy one. The question is do you pass or do you bid on? And if you pass, what do you lead.