How good?
#1
Posted 2009-May-29, 08:46
1♦-1NT-P-?
Mild slam try? (2♥...4♠)
-P.J. Painter.
#2
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:05
kenrexford, on May 29 2009, 05:46 PM, said:
1♦-1NT-P-?
Mild slam try? (2♥...4♠)
I'm feeling conservative on this one.
Partner's NT overcall promises Dimaond values opposite our stiff.
I'm also worried about the Clubs.
#3
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:07
Partner with controls and a fit can move over 4♠. Seems like he should be in a reasonable position to judge whether to move on.
#4
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:09
-P.J. Painter.
#5
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:13
#6
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:25
RichMor, on May 29 2009, 10:13 AM, said:
Good thought.
-P.J. Painter.
#7
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:29
RichMor, on May 29 2009, 10:13 AM, said:
This is what I was thinking, but I wouldn't at MPs where a diamond lead rates to help us.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#8
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:40
But with someone else, why not transfer to spades then show a diamond splinter however you do so? Partner can tell us if he has diamond wastage rather than us guessing for him.
#9
Posted 2009-May-29, 09:49
jdonn, on May 29 2009, 10:40 AM, said:
But with someone else, why not transfer to spades then show a diamond splinter however you do so? Partner can tell us if he has diamond wastage rather than us guessing for him.
Well, to be honest, I did actually just jump to 5♠ invitational, to make sure I played it for that reason.
-P.J. Painter.
#10
Posted 2009-May-29, 10:29

Help
