BBO Discussion Forums: 1 level decision - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 level decision Match points!

Poll: so your bid? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

so your bid?

  1. pass (1 votes [2.86%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.86%

  2. 1 heart (5 votes [14.29%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.29%

  3. 1 NT (5 votes [14.29%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.29%

  4. 2 clubs (7 votes [20.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

  5. 2 hearts (13 votes [37.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 37.14%

  6. I would never pass the previous round (3 votes [8.57%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.57%

  7. other (1 votes [2.86%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-May-24, 21:02

Match Points, N/S Vul. Dealer North

♠A2
♥AJ104
♦Q53
♣Q973

N - E - S - W
ps-1♣-ps-ps
X-ps-??
0

#2 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-May-24, 21:02

2♥ (I might have overcalled 1♥ I suppose)
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#3 User is offline   rogerclee 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,214
  • Joined: 2007-December-16
  • Location:Pasadena, CA

Posted 2009-May-25, 00:25

1NT
0

#4 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-May-25, 02:51

I would bid 2 ♣ followed by 2 NT. This would show more or less my hand.

Even opposite a reopening double my hand is too strong for 1 NT or 2♥- which are the two possible choices in other countries, where these bids promise more strtength then they do here.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#5 User is offline   mich-b 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 584
  • Joined: 2008-November-27

Posted 2009-May-25, 02:59

I like 2♣ , followed by 2♥ over 2♦ or 2NT over 2♠.

This should show invitational values with 2 places to play (this time ♥ and NT)
0

#6 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2009-May-25, 04:12

2♣, wtp? B)
0

#7 User is online   P_Marlowe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,145
  • Joined: 2005-March-18
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-May-25, 04:20

1H, but 2H is ok, 1NT is also reasonable

Facing a passed partner, I dont think game is possible,
so I think I am going slow, maybe they come out of the
hiding, and we get them ..., 1NT may scare them to much.

If partner would not have been a passed hand, say, dealer
opened, than 2H is the min. call I have to make, and I would
consider / most likely bid 3H.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
0

#8 User is offline   MFA 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 2006-October-04
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 2009-May-25, 04:38

2♣ as suggested. After a balancing double, 2♣ followed by 2♥ is not forcing, since this hand type will be assumed. So we can have a max of a bad 15 for this.
Michael Askgaard
0

#9 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-May-25, 09:21

2♥, I see no need to cuebid since this already must be invitational.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#10 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-May-25, 10:32

2♥. Not 2♣ since I am poorly placed over 2♠. Not 1N which requires pard to hold a club honor to be right, and where we aren't making an extra trick in hearts via a club ruff with pard's hand.

I like the pass over 1♣. My ODR isn't great.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#11 User is offline   PFormaini 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 137
  • Joined: 2009-May-20

Posted 2009-May-25, 16:35

2♣.

Your FIRST responsibility is to tell partner that you are strong. So the cue bid is absolutely called for (2♥ not being forcing and showing nowhere near the strength of this hand.).

And 1♥ is possibly the worst bid I have ever seen in these forums. :P It shows 0-5 points and could be made on a 3-card suit - precisely what we hold. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Follow-up would depend on partner's next bid.
0

#12 User is offline   Winstonm 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,289
  • Joined: 2005-January-08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2009-May-25, 17:10

This hand isn't all that great without the club Queen, and unless playing NT the club holding is likely to not be worth a lot.

I think the value bid here is a direct 2N - it shows the values without overstating the case and invites - about what I have for a hand.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
0

#13 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2009-May-25, 18:33

As I forgot to overcall 1H on the first round 2H now.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#14 User is online   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,223
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-May-25, 18:54

The_Hog, on May 25 2009, 07:33 PM, said:

As I forgot to overcall 1H on the first round 2H now.

ditto
0

#15 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-May-25, 19:53

2H
0

#16 User is offline   skjaeran 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,727
  • Joined: 2006-June-05
  • Location:Oslo, Norway
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2009-May-26, 13:17

With no 4-card major I'd respond 2NT with this strength.
With a 4-car major I respond 2M, thus 2♥ here.
Kind regards,
Harald
0

#17 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-May-26, 13:26

Partner held

Kxx
Kxxx
KJ109x
x

and an easy +650 in hearts is avaible if you bid 2♥ directly or after 2♣-2♦.


After a 1 heart overcall, how do you get to know that you have a 4th heart in front of you?. Not being biased because of the full deal, I might even consider bidding only 2♥ after partner bids 2♣.
0

#18 User is offline   sfi 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,577
  • Joined: 2009-May-18
  • Location:Oz

Posted 2009-May-26, 16:09

Fluffy, on May 27 2009, 05:26 AM, said:

After a 1 heart overcall, how do you get to know that you have a 4th heart in front of you?. Not being biased because of the full deal, I might even consider bidding only 2♥ after partner bids 2♣.

If you overcall 1♥ (my choice), rebidding 2♥ is massively undervaluing the hand. It's going to play well with the club shortage well placed and the points located.

2NT looks like a perfect continuation.
0

#19 User is offline   hanp 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,987
  • Joined: 2009-February-15

Posted 2009-May-27, 12:25

I really don't like a 1H overcall.
and the result can be plotted on a graph.
0

#20 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

  Posted 2009-May-29, 19:49

hanp, on May 28 2009, 01:25 AM, said:

I really don't like a 1H overcall.

I really do like a 1H overcall.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users