Isn't there an Italian 2♦ opening for all 18-20 balanced hands? And I think even Cascade has a 2♦ opening for such hands.
Do these work better in the long run?
I'm not a fan of 2NT with 18-20 but my reason is somewhat different. I'm not confident of my declarer skills!
Slam try after 2NT
#22
Posted 2009-May-18, 04:17
I hate 2♦ as balanced for 2 reasons:
1. I think it sucks
2. This is the main reason: I can't play 2♦ as weak then. Major problem for me
1. I think it sucks
2. This is the main reason: I can't play 2♦ as weak then. Major problem for me
#23
Posted 2009-May-18, 09:22
It's actually a good point that if partner is short in clubs our slam try may cause him to evaluate his hand badly. Maybe that means I should just sign off.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
#24
Posted 2009-May-18, 10:27
Didn't Zia play 2N showing 12-14 balanced in the Cavendish?
Oops ... discussed already.
http://forums.bridge...showtopic=31973
Oops ... discussed already.
http://forums.bridge...showtopic=31973
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

Help
