rogerclee, on Jan 6 2009, 09:23 PM, said:
Matchpoints, All Red, First Seat
♠Axxxxx ♥AKQ ♦98xx ♣void
1♠ - (Dbl) - Rdbl - (P)
P - (2♣) - Dbl - (P)
?
♠Axxxxx ♥AKQ ♦98xx ♣void
1♠ - (Dbl) - Rdbl - (P)
P - (2♣) - Dbl - (P)
?
I am passing, for a number of reasons, and would pass at imps as well.
1. My spade suit lacks texture and will probably break very badly.... I would not be the least surprised to lose 3 tricks in the suit if it were trump
2. my diamond 'suit' is a joke... no way do I want to suggest this as a denomination. That is not to say that partner can't have good diamonds.. but why should he? And, if he doesn't, where am I headed?
3. partner was not forced to double......pass would be inviting a double by me on Hxx, as an example. So he has a strong desire to punish them.. he thinks he has 2 or more trump tricks.. if only 2, then he expects his diamonds to be worth something... Qx xxxx AQx Q10xx is a typical double... note I gave him the (probably) worthless spade Q.
4. I have trouble coming up with a hand opposite which we make game where we are not destroying them...so long as partner has some clue about the bidding.
As against all of that, I am a little worried that I cannot lead a trump through, both to minimize endplay issues and to prevent heart ruffs in dummy if that suit is 3=4=4=2 around the table.

Help
