Hard times Bidding
#1
Posted 2008-December-30, 17:38
#3
Posted 2008-December-30, 17:50
#4
Posted 2008-December-30, 17:51
I would have passed.
Assuming I dont find a Pass card, some claim,
that happens more often, I would go with 1D.
Over 1S from p, I can bid 1NT, which showes
my hand pretty well.
With kind regards
Marlowe
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#5
Posted 2008-December-30, 17:54
#6
Posted 2008-December-30, 18:07
Now I will rebid 2nt over partner's free bid of one spade over my 1d bid.
#7
Posted 2008-December-31, 05:21
#8
Posted 2008-December-31, 05:39
#10
Posted 2008-December-31, 08:34
#11
Posted 2008-December-31, 09:32
With a pick up, I pass and bid 2 NT later.
In a "you must bid anytime you have 12+ HCPs tourney," I had invent a 1 Diamond call.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#12
Posted 2008-December-31, 11:30
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
#13
Posted 2008-December-31, 12:45
jdonn, on Dec 30 2008, 11:50 PM, said:
me 2
#14
Posted 2008-December-31, 13:02
FrancesHinden, on Dec 31 2008, 01:45 PM, said:
jdonn, on Dec 30 2008, 11:50 PM, said:
me 2
me 3
As to why: despite the misfit, we have strong positional values, and, absent an unlikely spade lead, if partner can raise to game, we will be able to play the hand almost double-dummy. RHO is not only subject to finesses, but also very vulnerable to end-game positions.
#15
Posted 2008-December-31, 22:41
H_KARLUK, on Dec 30 2008, 06:38 PM, said:
P P 1♣
Whatever you call North passes and your partner bids 1♠. What's your rebid and why?
- Over RHO's 1♣, 1♦ = 10, _P = 9, 1♥ = 5.
- After partner's 1♠, 1N = 10, _P = 6
#16
Posted 2009-January-01, 06:11
(With my regular partner I play that 1NT here shows H and D and I would bid that...This method is giving a solution for all hands that are difficult to bid otherwise....but it probably gives issues for all hands that are easy otherwise
#17
Posted 2009-January-01, 14:03
If I pass the auction can easily be at 2S or even 3S next time it back to me.
#18
Posted 2009-January-01, 14:34
Winstonm, on Jan 1 2009, 03:03 PM, said:
If I pass the auction can easily be at 2S or even 3S next time it back to me.
I want it to be at 2♠ when it comes back to me so I can double. That is the ideal situation.
#19
Posted 2009-January-01, 14:49
jdonn, on Jan 1 2009, 03:34 PM, said:
Winstonm, on Jan 1 2009, 03:03 PM, said:
If I pass the auction can easily be at 2S or even 3S next time it back to me.
I want it to be at 2♠ when it comes back to me so I can double. That is the ideal situation.
I have a problem grasping your internal logic - in another thread you wanted to keep the bidding open because the advantage to limited openings is in competition and disrupting the opponents, yet now in another thread you sit and wait until the 3-level, after the opponents have demonstrated their hands strengths and fits, to get involved.
Is this kind of like Alice in Wonderland - a word (in this case idea) means just what I say it means and no more?
#20
Posted 2009-January-01, 15:24

Help

P P 1♣
Whatever you call North passes and your partner bids 1♠. What's your rebid and why?