BBO Discussion Forums: Theoretical benefits of playing the Polish Club? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Theoretical benefits of playing the Polish Club?

#41 User is offline   RogerGe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2007-December-18, 01:48

in some regards i do not agree with your remarks about strong club system: dependes of the system and i use as example "samus club" a variation of blue team club developed by my friend:
-1nt with a range of 13 to 17 points, the lower range (13-15) having at least 4 clubs and the majors exactely 3-3
-1 opening is minimum 3 cards with ace or king, and the hand may have another longer suit, canape style, of course limited strngth, 12-17
-1 opening of 17+ points with a very well constructed structure of dialog gives the chance of very good description of both hands long before the game level
-combined with multi-diamond (which also includes hands 4-4-4-1, 17-24 points, bids specific adapted like 2 or 2, etc. makes the system complete
The entire system is finalized and the beauty of it beside beeing in general a natural system, that the nuances within the system give an almost complete snap-shot of the hand: with the same strength and shape with some hands you bid one way or another, better describing the distribution and quality of your points
in short, the superiority of it upon many other systems, including polish club compelled me to create an interacting show of it which i can e-mail free to anybody and i do hope that my effort will help especialy the young players to adopt this system

#42 User is offline   glen 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Military history, WW II wargames

Posted 2007-December-18, 06:16

RogerGe, on Dec 18 2007, 02:48 AM, said:

-1nt with a range of 13 to 17 points, the lower range (13-15) having at least 4 clubs and the majors exactely 3-3
-1 opening is minimum 3 cards with ace or king...

In this version of the Blue Club, what does this hand open with:
Scoring: IMP

'I hit my peak at seven' Taylor Swift

#43 User is offline   Rossoneri 

• Wabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-December-18, 06:29

RogerGe, on Dec 18 2007, 10:09 AM, said:

i do not find the polish club a very good variation of the Blue Team Club system and by the wat, SAYC is in fact 99% the standard ITALIAN system !
my friend, Flaviu DR  re-developed the Blue Team Club system adding some very sound variations and modern day conventions. I did work on a presentation in Power Point Viewer 2007 (i dont have enough knowledge in programing to do it in another program) which i am sure can help anybody trough its interactive facilities to understand the system and to memorize its mechanism. i can e-mail it free to anybody intrested: its not 100% completed and i would like some feed back.
e-mail a request at:
gdumites@bigpond.net.au

Polish Club is a THREE WAY CLUB SYSTEM, not a STRONG CLUB SYSTEM.

Besides, I disagree that SAYC is the standard italian system. 5 card majors + strong NT =/= SAYC.

This post has been edited by Rossoneri: 2007-December-18, 06:33

SCBA National TD, EBU Club TD

Unless explicitly stated, none of my views here can be taken to represent SCBA or any other organizations.

#44 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-December-18, 07:08

Ignore
Alderaan delenda est

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic