Page 1 of 1
This new "premium" system ISN'T WORKING!!!!
#1
Posted 2026-September-19, 06:57
At least not for NON-PREMIUM users.
I thought I'd try out the social bridge area for just one hand, see what happens.
I left my seat after just one hand, but I was not quick enough: the system docked me TWO hands so I now have only four left.
So, BBO, you have stolen one of my free deals!!!
What have the admins to say to that???
I thought I'd try out the social bridge area for just one hand, see what happens.
I left my seat after just one hand, but I was not quick enough: the system docked me TWO hands so I now have only four left.
So, BBO, you have stolen one of my free deals!!!
What have the admins to say to that???
#2
Posted 2026-September-19, 14:49
EugeneLS, on 2026-September-19, 06:57, said:
At least not for NON-PREMIUM users.
I thought I'd try out the social bridge area for just one hand, see what happens.
I left my seat after just one hand, but I was not quick enough: the system docked me TWO hands so I now have only four left.
So, BBO, you have stolen one of my free deals!!!
What have the admins to say to that???
I thought I'd try out the social bridge area for just one hand, see what happens.
I left my seat after just one hand, but I was not quick enough: the system docked me TWO hands so I now have only four left.
So, BBO, you have stolen one of my free deals!!!
What have the admins to say to that???
The dealt hand is always counted as consumed. There is a new option in the menu at the top corner of the table (the blue "hamburger" with three horizontal lines) which says "This is my last deal". Tick this option when you want to leave and you will be removed without consuming a deal.
#3
Posted 2026-September-20, 02:41
diana_eva, on 2026-September-19, 14:49, said:
The dealt hand is always counted as consumed. There is a new option in the menu at the top corner of the table (the blue "hamburger" with three horizontal lines) which says "This is my last deal". Tick this option when you want to leave and you will be removed without consuming a deal.
But, unless you've read this forum post, you wouldn't know about hat option. And going to that option would probably take the time for a new hand to start, so you'd still lose a hand. And that's presuming that you were aware of the feature that you've only discovered because of someone else's (legit) satisfaction with the site. I can't help but notice there are SIGNIFICANTLY fewer tables today as well. And I've also noticed changed that are now under the paid subscription that weren't noted as benefits/ drawbacks to subscribing or not.
#4
Posted 2026-September-20, 04:27
diana_eva, on 2026-September-19, 14:49, said:
The dealt hand is always counted as consumed. There is a new option in the menu at the top corner of the table (the blue "hamburger" with three horizontal lines) which says "This is my last deal". Tick this option when you want to leave and you will be removed without consuming a deal.
You've been splashing a HUGE popup every day I log on to BBO, trying to cajole me into going "premium":



Nowhere in the above splashes is there any mention of this option!
It would have been easy to place the advice somewhere prominent.
Makes me wonder: is BBO there only to rake in a profit for its owners, or is it there to encourage people to PLAY BRIDGE???
#5
Posted 2026-September-20, 09:07
You can play on other sites folks. Where you shall pay without complaining. As much as $25 pm
#6
Posted 2026-September-20, 09:08
You can go play on other sites folks. Where you shall pay without complaining . Atl least $10 per month or even $25.
#7
Posted 2026-September-20, 12:42
Like any other for-profit organization, BBO exists only to rake in profit for its owners.
#8
Posted 2026-September-27, 20:06
The idea of playing bridge for free on BBO has become a lie! You used to be able to play an unlimited number of hands against other bridge players from around the world—it was fantastic fun. BUT NOW, if you don't pay, you only get to play 6 hands a day—and that’s not the whole story. Yesterday, I lost 3 of my 6 hands: 1) Two instances where the dealer made no bid => I was kicked off the table without getting a chance to play the hand. 2) An opponent opened with 7NT and the table died; the same thing happened, and another of my 6 games was lost. Yes, there is one option more to play bridge on BBO Just Play, where you play against three robots, but it is not at all the same thing as facing real people.
I’ve played on BBO for years and recommended the site to friends, but now I might have to start looking for other bridge sites... A disappointed player!
I’ve played on BBO for years and recommended the site to friends, but now I might have to start looking for other bridge sites... A disappointed player!
#9
Posted 2026-September-28, 02:05
Many of the familiar names in the small-ish 'Acol Club' are still there, and paying the premium - as I am. Needs must, I guess. But BBO are going to face more hostility and resentment unless they listen to their clientele. Is feedback so worthless that they feel comfortable ignoring it?
I'm not asking for free bridge across the board, but I would like my proposal, stated earlier, looked into, at the very least. To re-iterate: Abolish the 'Basic No Ads' option. See whether it's then possible to lower the Premium cost.
That's all.
I'm not asking for free bridge across the board, but I would like my proposal, stated earlier, looked into, at the very least. To re-iterate: Abolish the 'Basic No Ads' option. See whether it's then possible to lower the Premium cost.
That's all.
Page 1 of 1

Help
