BBO Discussion Forums: Hand History Double Dummy Notation explanation - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand History Double Dummy Notation explanation

#1 User is offline   StuZel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-August-05, 04:59

Hi
Please could someone explain the double dummy notation in the hand history, or guide me to where I might find it.
Thanks in anticipation :)

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-05, 09:02

At all times, for all cards, assuming everyone can see all cards and play perfectly:
  • a number in red means the contract is going down that many tricks if this card is played now;
  • a number in green means the contract is making with that many overtricks, if this card is played now;
  • an equals sign [=] in green is equivalent to "green zero", i.e. the contract is making exactly, if this card is played now. [=] is probably used instead of [0] because traditionally 2H= means "2 hearts, making exactly" (so everyone knows what it means), and because [0] "looks like" a bad thing (could be misinterpreted as "making no more tricks" or "getting a zero" instead of "making with zero overtricks").

When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-06, 09:05

And (not intuitive, at least for me) Red is always bad for the declarer and so on, even when you were a defender (and it is good for you).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users