BBO Discussion Forums: How to game force with an overcall - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +

How to game force with an overcall In the absence of strong jumps and psyches

#21 User is offline   rcarle 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-October-05, 08:52

View Postthepossum, on 2021-October-02, 16:59, said:

Hi all

Suppose you have a GF single suiter (8-9 tricks etc) over a minor suit opening, and a rather disappointing cautious partner prone to passing with a good hand
Suppose also you dislike psyching too much, or disapprove or feel you have used up your psyche for the day

What do you do

Thanks
P

I am a beginner and I believe I am in a beginner's forum but all the posters here seem to be advanced. What am I doing wrong? Thx

#22 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Walking, boring my wife with bridge stories

Posted 2021-October-05, 11:23

Hi rcarle, more experienced players try to help by contributing but can sometimes get carried away. A reminder like yours never goes amiss.

By the way, I have posted a few example hands for our local improvers (and anyone else who wants a look), just search the forum for "Manx" if you want to take a look.

#23 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-October-05, 18:25

View Postrcarle, on 2021-October-05, 08:52, said:

I am a beginner and I believe I am in a beginner's forum but all the posters here seem to be advanced. What am I doing wrong? Thx

I'm not advanced. I've been playing a long time, but still very basic, as you can see from my bidding and play sometimes :)

But I am sure you are doing nothing wrong. This forum does tend to be one of the more advanced on the site. I don't know why

I try to give beginners and novices a bit of hope with some of my threads :)

EDIT I should add that the reason I avoid the Intermediate forum is that people like me have to mix with Advanced players on their forum

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users