BBO Discussion Forums: Lin file as deal source in casual partnership bidding game - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lin file as deal source in casual partnership bidding game

#1 User is offline   Lucindafn1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-03, 18:03

Please can anybody advise? I'm part of a 4 who play regularly together on BBO. We'd like to be able to use lin files as the deal source on occasion. I've saved the lin file we want to use to my deal archive but can't work out how to access it when I start a table in the main bridge club. The only deal source options seem to be random or vugraph. Any help gratefully received.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-03, 18:49

Hi,

The only place that you can import .lin files AND replay them is on a teaching table.

I believe that the reason for this is that on other tables, the play of the hand is compared for scoring purposes against the way it is played on 15 other tables.

You can start a teaching table by first clicking on the Practice area, where you can start a Teaching, where you can play the hand, or a Bidding table.
If you start a teaching table on your own and are not a Prime member, you will have to rent robots.

Not a problem in your case.

Once you start the table, you can 'export to table' hands you have recently played, create new hands using the 'hand editor' or upload hands from the deal archive.

#3 User is offline   Lucindafn1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-04, 10:53

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain this.

Best wishes,
Lucinda

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-March-03, 18:49, said:

Hi,

The only place that you can import .lin files AND replay them is on a teaching table.

I believe that the reason for this is that on other tables, the play of the hand is compared for scoring purposes against the way it is played on 15 other tables.

You can start a teaching table by first clicking on the Practice area, where you can start a Teaching, where you can play the hand, or a Bidding table.
If you start a teaching table on your own and are not a Prime member, you will have to rent robots.

Not a problem in your case.

Once you start the table, you can 'export to table' hands you have recently played, create new hands using the 'hand editor' or upload hands from the deal archive.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users