Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alert Box Alert Box (Casual Area)

#1 User is offline   daphneh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-12, 10:40

I alerted a bid. Everyone passes and the alert box stays visible on the screen for the entire hand, blocking 5 cards in dummy from view.

i.e. I click on box, and it moves to left (or right) side of screen, blocking 5 cards in dummy.

At one point two boxes were visible, i.e. most of my dummy is blocked.

Sometimes the alert boxes go away as soon as opening lead is made, sometimes not, and it was even worse during the last week with two boxes visible simultaneously.

How do I remove these boxes from view during play please?

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-12, 19:03

View Postdaphneh, on 2021-February-12, 10:40, said:

I alerted a bid. Everyone passes and the alert box stays visible on the screen for the entire hand, blocking 5 cards in dummy from view.

i.e. I click on box, and it moves to left (or right) side of screen, blocking 5 cards in dummy.

At one point two boxes were visible, i.e. most of my dummy is blocked.

Sometimes the alert boxes go away as soon as opening lead is made, sometimes not, and it was even worse during the last week with two boxes visible simultaneously.

How do I remove these boxes from view during play please?
Just click into an open space in the box. Don't click on "explain".

#3 User is offline   bill sh 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-07, 13:56

I do not get an alert box on my windows 10 PC. Others complain about the alert box disappearing after the first bid.
It appears the software has a bug.
Comments?

#4 User is offline   thegnostic 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-22, 15:31

View PostChas_P, on 2021-February-12, 19:03, said:

Just click into an open space in the box. Don't click on "explain".

This "blocking dummy" happened to me last week. I knew about the "click on the box but not on Explain" procedure and the box went away. Then another box appeared saying "Please explain" with a yellow background. Since I had given a proper explanation I entered "no further explanation" and that box went away. Then it came back. Then the original white-background box came back. More than half of my dummy was obscured. Repeated clicking of the boxes made them go away but only for a few seconds. I played as best I could, making dummy small enough to be completely seen. My concentration on the game was thus less than 100%.
In discussion with my opponents after the round, it seems neither of them clicked "Explain" during the bidding so I am at a loss to explain why I got the yellow-background box.
This is more than an irritation; it is an interference with my ability to play from dummy. Can you find out why this happens?

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-22, 16:20

View Postthegnostic, on 2021-March-22, 15:31, said:

This is more than an irritation; it is an interference with my ability to play from dummy. Can you find out why this happens?

BBO know perfectly well why this happens. It is a bizarre "characteristic" of their software, and has been criticized here for years, with repeated suggestions of how to improve things (the minimal fix being to rename the button "Dismiss" and reverse the meanings of clicking on button or window). Apparently they think there is nothing wrong.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users