BBO Discussion Forums: Historical Tourney Completion Percentge - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Historical Tourney Completion Percentge

#1 User is offline   Phil_Ivey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-15, 02:50

Hi Friends, My tourney completion rate and board completion rate shows as "Unknown".

Could someone help clarify how to see the actual percentage.

Most of the tourneys I try to register say my tourney completion % is low. Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Walking, boring my wife with bridge stories

Posted 2021-January-15, 08:05

I asked this question after getting the same message and the answer I got was that it counts your rate of completed paid for tournaments. As I usually just play the free stuff, I got the same rating, despite always completing them. I assume the idea is to deter people from ducking out if they start with a couple of bad boards?

#3 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-15, 09:06

View PostDouglas43, on 2021-January-15, 08:05, said:

I asked this question after getting the same message and the answer I got was that it counts your rate of completed paid for tournaments. As I usually just play the free stuff, I got the same rating, despite always completing them. I assume the idea is to deter people from ducking out if they start with a couple of bad boards?

False. ALL tournaments are counted.
Last 60 days only. Needs 10 tourneys to be meaningful.

In your case: 3 finished tourney, none unfinished. Play in 7 more, you'll havve meaningful TCR. Finish those 7, and your TCR would be 100%.

They will eventually stop to be counted, when they are older than 60 days.

#4 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-15, 10:58

View PostGerardo, on 2021-January-15, 09:06, said:

In your case: 3 finished tourney, none unfinished. Play in 7 more, you'll havve meaningful TCR. Finish those 7, and your TCR would be 100%.

i had posted about this before....I found when I subbed in acbl tournies since most time it was only for a board or
2 after a week i could no longer get into the TCR tournies....so I assume if you sub and get removed when original player comes back
that it counts against you.

#5 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-16, 10:16

View PostGerardo, on 2021-January-15, 09:06, said:

I am not sure that starting "False" is a very polite way to respond to another post, but putting that to one side; during the past two months I have played and completed every weekly free instant tournament, and most of the daily free tournaments. To the best of my recollection I have completed every one. I have played and completed 14 this month so far.

#6 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-16, 14:31

barmar has stated multiple times in the forum that daylongs tournaments and solitaire tournaments do not count towards TCR. So either something has changed this year, or it is Gerardo's post that is indeed false.

View Postpigpenz, on 2021-January-15, 10:58, said:

i had posted about this before....I found when I subbed in acbl tournies since most time it was only for a board or
2 after a week i could no longer get into the TCR tournies....so I assume if you sub and get removed when original player comes back
that it counts against you.

No, it does not. Your original message already got a reply saying why your TCR dropped, and it wasn't due to subbing.

#7 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-17, 12:00

OK. I'll be clearer.

View PostDouglas43, on 2021-January-15, 08:05, said:

I asked this question after getting the same message and the answer I got was that it counts your rate of completed paid for tournaments.

The "paid for" part of the statement makes it false.

TCR is used of a measure of disruptiveness. Failing to complete daylong type tournaments (or any robot tournament) disrupts no one, so they are not counted towards TCR.

Douglas43 played 3 human tournaments in the last 60 days (by the time of my last post, I didn't check again) and finished all 3.

#8 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-18, 02:44

View PostGerardo, on 2021-January-17, 12:00, said:

OK. I'll be clearer.

The "paid for" part of the statement makes it false.

TCR is used of a measure of disruptiveness. Failing to complete daylong type tournaments (or any robot tournament) disrupts no one, so they are not counted towards TCR.

Douglas43 played 3 human tournaments in the last 60 days (by the time of my last post, I didn't check again) and finished all 3.

... and multiple sessions of the English Bridge Union Lockdown League which is a national team of 4 competition based on 8 board matches against human opponents, but which is evidently not counted for this purpose for reasons which are quite beyond me (and t.b.h. I don't much care)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users