BBO Discussion Forums: defaults and ghost messages at the table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

defaults and ghost messages at the table

#1 User is offline   frank2066 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-18, 12:07

Hi,
My BBO name is frank2066. I am an ACBL Certified bridge teacher. I am trying to teach my bridge students on BBO while our local Seniors Center is closed during the Covid-19 shutdown.
I would like to request some changes to the way BBO tables function.
1) I reserve seats for my students. It would be really helpful if that reservation stayed on that seat until I remove it or close the table. At present, when a student temporarily loses connection to the internet, BBO constantly tosses Join Requests at me from other players looking for any seat, which interferes with my ability to re-reserve that seat for my student, every step of the way, as I desperately scramble through the steps needed to re-enter my student's BBO name into the reservation.
2) The default for the Message Line at the table should be Table, not Kibitzers. Also, I should not have to click on the Message Line every time I want to say; glp, wdo, wdp, etc. I should just have to start typing.
Also, the Message Line memory has permanently stored 3 phrases that I used 6 months ago, and I do not need to constantly see them presented in a white square that blocks part of my screen every time I want to type a new message to the people at my table. I can temporarily make the "ghost" messages disappear by clicking elsewhere on the screen. For some reason, I cannot delete them. If you can, please do.
Thanks for your assistance. Do any other players wish these problems were dealt with?
Frank Hastings- frank2066

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-19, 00:04

View Postfrank2066, on 2020-November-18, 12:07, said:

Also, the Message Line memory has permanently stored 3 phrases that I used 6 months ago, and I do not need to constantly see them presented in a white square that blocks part of my screen every time I want to type a new message to the people at my table. I can temporarily make the "ghost" messages disappear by clicking elsewhere on the screen. For some reason, I cannot delete them. If you can, please do.
Thanks for your assistance. Do any other players wish these problems were dealt with?

I once managed to get rid of one of these by using the arrow keys to go down to the message and then pressing the Delete key. But others have come back, and I haven't managed to delete them.

I'm pretty sure this is coming from Chrome's auto-fill, not anything the BBO application is doing, so I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it.

#3 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-19, 00:46

I apologise if I ever accidentally dropped in. I only recently realised that the "Take me to first seat available" option drops you into all manner of difficult situations - people waiting for people, people ending their session, or as in your case a temporary "free" seat. It can be a bit embarassing for the person dropping in too :) Some people have asked me to leave nicely, sometimes its a bit embarassing, seometimes people even played a hand they clearly didnt want to, but it can be awkward

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-19, 01:27

Help Me Find a Game shouldn't take you to teaching tables, though.

If the teaching session is intended to be private, you could make the table invisible. Your students who are invited will still be able to join, but you won't get random requests.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users