BBO Discussion Forums: Deregister uwanted pairs before start - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deregister uwanted pairs before start TD Power and Capabilities

#1 User is offline   cbai125466 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-02, 14:25

Can a TD derigister an unwanted pair before tournament start? If yes then how is it done?
Marley Grange Bridge Club, Dublin, Ireland.

#2 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-03, 02:16

There is no way to do that as far as I know. I would ask them to cancel their registration and if they dont follow your request you can remove them after the start.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-04, 06:01

If you are using an Include List I would expect that editing them out of the List and then modifying tournament would remove them; I have not tried this however, curious to know if anyone has.

#4 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-04, 12:17

Your expectation is wrong. The list will be checked at the moment when they register. At least this was the way it worked last time when I tried.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-04, 12:48

View Postscarletv, on 2020-October-04, 12:17, said:

Your expectation is wrong. The list will be checked at the moment when they register. At least this was the way it worked last time when I tried.

Thanks. In that case I join those waiting for a deregister function.

#6 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-12, 17:02

The Virtual Game I run was start-delayed by FIVE minutes today: first by an offline pair while +allavail+ was on, then by the discovery that a registered player was playing in another tournament. I didn't know what to do about this (answer, which didn't occur to me at the time: delete +allavail+ from description) and it went on, and on, and on. Finally the player finished the tournament and logged off and I was able to zap the pair from the list.

Similar problem: you get a sub from the list and they quit after a board and table history indicates that the sub left through frustration with the result when, as so often is the case, they are the true cause of their own poor score through insane bidding. Easy to get a new sub and happy for all when it happens, but you don't really want that sub back in any future game. Would be nice if BBO would NOT send the invite to anyone on the sub list you are ignoring when you use "Substitute...any".
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#7 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-12, 17:08

View PostMcBruce, on 2020-October-12, 17:02, said:

Easy to get a new sub and happy for all when it happens, but you don't really want that sub back in any future game. Would be nice if BBO would NOT send the invite to anyone on the sub list you are ignoring when you use "Substitute...any".

You do have custom include and exclude lists you can use for that purpose. Our club puts members on the include list and badly behaved subs on the exclude list, and ticks both boxes when setting up the event. So far we haven't had any issues with that.

#8 User is offline   julp 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-23, 21:35

View Postsfi, on 2020-October-12, 17:08, said:

You do have custom include and exclude lists you can use for that purpose. Our club puts members on the include list and badly behaved subs on the exclude list, and ticks both boxes when setting up the event. So far we haven't had any issues with that.

Same situation in our small club - include and exclude lists works well during registration. If for any reason you need to add subs later then the exclude list is not working. Last night our mostly friendly and nice play was seriously disturbed by a rude person already on the exclude list who got in as a "Sub- any".
I think BBO could check against this list when inviting random subs.

#9 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-23, 22:58

View Postjulp, on 2020-November-23, 21:35, said:

Same situation in our small club - include and exclude lists works well during registration. If for any reason you need to add subs later then the exclude list is not working. Last night our mostly friendly and nice play was seriously disturbed by a rude person already on the exclude list who got in as a "Sub- any".
I think BBO could check against this list when inviting random subs.

That would seem normal and uncontroversial. I'm surprised this isn't already done, although I haven't noticed it because our exclude list is short and I now use robot subs unless I know the person.

#10 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-25, 06:41

The include/exclude list is maintained on the host. It would be a good idea to invite neither of ignored nor excluded players. Another nice feature would be to be able to switch to subs that fit to the registration conditions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users