BBO Discussion Forums: Logo on error - iPad - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Logo on error - iPad Error - your internet may be off, or too many players online

#1 User is offline   meilawson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 02:06

Hello BBO support, unable to log on. I receive the error message as per topic description - Error - your internet may be off, or too many players online.
I am using a 2020 iPad Pro, just upgraded to iPadOS 14. Have not been able to log on since.
I have tried both Safari and Chrome, with no success. Cache has been cleared on both browsers and trying in incognito mode also with no success.

Wireless access is solid, ability to browse all websites (including this support portal) continues, except for BBO.

My husband has also upgraded to iOS 14 on his old iPad mini, and on his iPhone, both of which work. My iPhone X has also been upgraded to iOS14 and I am also able to log on to BBO.

Please help with some advice for this iPrad Pro

Kind regards, Mei Lawson

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 02:31

This appeared in the messages in the BBO splash screen. Could it be part of the problem?

Alert: Don’t upgrade to iOS14 yet!
by Diana | Posted on September 19, 2020We have just discovered that the latest iOS14 operating system for Apple devices causes some serious usability problems affecting almost all the lists and scrolling screens on the BBO apps and on the web version.

Symptoms are: User cannot scroll. Example of lists they cannot navigate:

• list of results in History
  • list of virtual clubs
  • all lists of tournaments
We’ll do our best to find a workaround as soon as possible. Meanwhile please hold off on updating your OS. We’ll post another announcement when the problem is solved.

Thank you for your understanding. Feedback and comments welcome at support@bridgebase.com.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-21, 03:26

Don't think it's related to the iOS14 scroll issues. Something is preventing you from logging in.

We'll ask your techs to check. I've heard similar reports in the past few days -- seems related to a recent client upgrade on our side, not to the iOS14 upgrade.

Are you able to log on the mobile app?

#4 User is offline   meilawson 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-21, 04:37

Problem resolved folks.
It was larger than just BBO, we had email delays, missing icons for WiFi even though Wifi was connecting.
Turned out to be an issue with iPadOS14 clashing with the BitDefender security software that I'd installed. Once that was deleted, the issues all went away, especially able to log on to BBO.
I was able to log onto BBO on my iPhone, using the website (don't use the app)
Interestingly, iOS14 and iPadOS14 are slightly, but significantly different :rolleyes:

Diana_Eva, pilowsky, thank you for taking the time to respond with suggestions.

Kind regards, Mei Lawson

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-21, 05:19

View Postmeilawson, on 2020-September-21, 04:37, said:

Problem resolved folks.
It was larger than just BBO, we had email delays, missing icons for WiFi even though Wifi was connecting.
Turned out to be an issue with iPadOS14 clashing with the BitDefender security software that I'd installed. Once that was deleted, the issues all went away, especially able to log on to BBO.
I was able to log onto BBO on my iPhone, using the website (don't use the app)
Interestingly, iOS14 and iPadOS14 are slightly, but significantly different :rolleyes:

Diana_Eva, pilowsky, thank you for taking the time to respond with suggestions.

Kind regards, Mei Lawson

Thanks that's good to know, in case other players happen to have bitdefender and BBO!

#6 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-December-15, 19:57

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-September-21, 02:31, said:

This appeared in the messages in the BBO splash screen. Could it be part of the problem?

Alert: Don’t upgrade to iOS14 yet!
by Diana | Posted on September 19, 2020We have just discovered that the latest iOS14 operating system for Apple devices causes some serious usability problems affecting almost all the lists and scrolling screens on the BBO apps and on the web version.

Symptoms are: User cannot scroll. Example of lists they cannot navigate:

• list of results in History
  • list of virtual clubs
  • all lists of tournaments
We’ll do our best to find a workaround as soon as possible. Meanwhile please hold off on updating your OS. We’ll post another announcement when the problem is solved.

Thank you for your understanding. Feedback and comments welcome at support@bridgebase.com.

So has the issue with ios 14 been resolved? Can players now upgrade their iPads and phones and not have a problem playing with the most recent BBO app?

#7 User is offline   sach_t 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-26, 11:21

I have the exact same error after upgrading to macOS big sur 11.5 (Mac mini). I checked from my old macbook air and it is working as expected.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users