Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Score adjustment Free individual

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-08, 19:47

I often play the free 6-board individual tournaments. This evening my partner was about to make an overtrick in a game contract, for a very good score. He led a card, and the opponent wouldn’t play. He kept claiming all of the tricks so as not to be replaced by a robot. We were given an average score. Does this get adjusted later? Never?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-12, 11:12

Only tournament directors can make adjustments. Automated tourneys don't have a director, and there are no adjustments possible.

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-September-12, 18:49

View Postbarmar, on 2020-September-12, 11:12, said:

Only tournament directors can make adjustments. Automated tourneys don't have a director, and there are no adjustments possible.

OK, but anyone could just avoid a poor score by failing to finish a hand. Why is the score not assigned by GIB?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2020-September-13, 06:59

View PostVampyr, on 2020-September-08, 19:47, said:

I often play the free 6-board individual tournaments. This evening my partner was about to make an overtrick in a game contract, for a very good score. He led a card, and the opponent wouldn't play. He kept claiming all of the tricks so as not to be replaced by a robot. We were given an average score. Does this get adjusted later? Never?

Agree with Vampyr. According to old f2f rules, play ceases after a claim, so, when there is a time-out, it would be sensible for GIB to play the hand out and assign the resulting score to both sides.
Also opponents' shenanigans were disgusting and unfair, When you report them to abuse, BBO should warn them that they will be banned if they ever try anything like that again.

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-September-13, 14:36

View Postnige1, on 2020-September-13, 06:59, said:

Agree with Vampyr. According to old f2f rules, play ceases after a claim, so, when there is a time-out, it would be sensible for GIB to play the hand out and assign the resulting score to both sides.
Also opponents' shenanigans were disgusting and unfair, When you report them to abuse, BBO should warn them that they will be banned if they ever try anything like that again.

Unfortunately I don’t remember the player’s name.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-13, 15:24

According to old f2f rules, play ceases after a claim, so, when there is a time-out, it would be sensible for GIB to play the hand out and assign the resulting score to both sides.

IMO in online play it makes sense that play should cease after a claim and be adjudicated by an algorithm, whether or not there is a time-out.

I imagine opponents played slowly rather than not at all, otherwise they too would be replaced by robots. Gaming the 30s time limit is quite frequent in the Free Individual Tournaments and not only after a claim. It would be satisfying to know that a report of an apparent violation would have effect but somehow I doubt it and in any case I think BBO have bigger and easier problems to fix. Ultimately it is not too important who wins such tournaments and anyone who is prepared to cheat deserves compassion as well as scorn.

#7 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-September-13, 18:59

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-13, 15:24, said:

IMO in online play it makes sense that play should cease after a claim and be adjudicated by an algorithm, whether or not there is a time-out.

I imagine opponents played slowly rather than not at all, otherwise they too would be replaced by robots. Gaming the 30s time limit is quite frequent in the Free Individual Tournaments and not only after a claim. It would be satisfying to know that a report of an apparent violation would have effect but somehow I doubt it and in any case I think BBO have bigger and easier problems to fix. Ultimately it is not too important who wins such tournaments and anyone who is prepared to cheat deserves compassion as well as scorn.

Did you read the OP? He wasn’t replaced by a robot because he kept on claiming all of the tricks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users