BBO Discussion Forums: Examine Table History after the tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Examine Table History after the tournament

#1 User is offline   jdempsey52 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-21, 06:48

Is it possible to examine the table history for a tournament after the tournament finishes?

Sometimes I would like to examine behaviour at a table at leisure to identify players who are not respecting the rules we have laid down for our tournaments

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-02, 15:22

View Postjdempsey52, on 2020-July-21, 06:48, said:

Is it possible to examine the table history for a tournament after the tournament finishes?

Sometimes I would like to examine behaviour at a table at leisure to identify players who are not respecting the rules we have laid down for our tournaments

I would also like to know how one examines the table history during a tournament or during the brief adjustment period.
I needed to consult it after a tournament today (to see how long a player took to make one call) but I could not find it either under the menu related to tournament or after selecting a player and list of boards played.

#3 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-02, 15:46

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-02, 15:22, said:

I would also like to know how one examines the table history during a tournament or during the brief adjustment period.
I needed to consult it after a tournament today (to see how long a player took to make one call) but I could not find it either under the menu related to tournament or after selecting a player and list of boards played.

As a Director you should have access to Table History during the tournament. After the tournament finishes you can still access this for 20 minutes. If a small number of tables you could open up each table history during these 20 minutes and open in new windows to inspect at your leisure, or just any particular tables you are interested in.

#4 User is offline   jnichols 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-02, 18:29

View Postkenjay, on 2020-August-02, 15:46, said:

As a Director you should have access to Table History during the tournament. After the tournament finishes you can still access this for 20 minutes. If a small number of tables you could open up each table history during these 20 minutes and open in new windows to inspect at your leisure, or just any particular tables you are interested in.

I have been unable to access it after the last card is played
John S. Nichols - Director & Webmaster
Indianapolis Bridge Center

#5 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 05:10

View Postjnichols, on 2020-August-02, 18:29, said:

I have been unable to access it after the last card is played

Am running one now. Finishes in about 25 mins. Will check after last card played :)

#6 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 05:45

View Postkenjay, on 2020-August-03, 05:10, said:

Am running one now. Finishes in about 25 mins. Will check after last card played :)

Finished 10 minutes ago. Table History still available for any table.

#7 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2020-August-03, 15:01

View Postkenjay, on 2020-August-02, 15:46, said:

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing.
If by "Table History" you refer to the bidding and play of a certain board at a certain table then yes I know how to access it (when the system permits).
I was referring to the events/timing data which @gordontd and others have mentioned is available until the end of 20 minutes (maybe also during the tournament, I am not sure). So that Director can ascertain how many seconds South thought before passing, or whatever. If somebody could point me to that data I would be grateful (looked for it in the commands and menus available but could not see it).

#8 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 15:44

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-03, 15:01, said:

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing.
If by "Table History" you refer to the bidding and play of a certain board at a certain table then yes I know how to access it (when the system permits).
I was referring to the events/timing data which @gordontd and others have mentioned is available until the end of 20 minutes (maybe also during the tournament, I am not sure). So that Director can ascertain how many seconds South thought before passing, or whatever. If somebody could point me to that data I would be grateful (looked for it in the commands and menus available but could not see it).

Definitely the Table History with all chat and timings of every action during the tournament and 20 minutes thereafter. This is available to me with Virtual Club and NBO logins.

#9 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 15:49

View Postkenjay, on 2020-August-03, 15:44, said:

Definitely the Table History with all chat and timings of every action during the tournament and 20 minutes thereafter. This is available to me with Virtual Club and NBO logins.

I should have added, this is available within the Director tab, where there are many other options such as Edit Tournament, Reseat Player, Player History etc

#10 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-05, 13:49

View Postkenjay, on 2020-August-03, 15:49, said:

I should have added, this is available within the Director tab, where there are many other options such as Edit Tournament, Reseat Player, Player History etc

My Virtual Club game ended ten minutes ago. The event is still listed in Running Tournaments in the Director Tab, but there are only five options: Adjust Score, Player Results, Results, Chat->Tournament, Cancel Tournament. No Table History. I can see movies for any pair/board in Results, but not timing data.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#11 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2020-August-05, 15:01

View PostMcBruce, on 2020-August-05, 13:49, said:

My Virtual Club game ended ten minutes ago. The event is still listed in Running Tournaments in the Director Tab, but there are only five options: Adjust Score, Player Results, Results, Chat->Tournament, Cancel Tournament. No Table History. I can see movies for any pair/board in Results, but not timing data.

That is also my situation (as a simple Director, no virtual club). No Table History under Director Tab. BBO?

#12 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-05, 15:20

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-05, 15:01, said:

That is also my situation (as a simple Director, no virtual club). No Table History under Director Tab. BBO?

Intentional. Free tournaments don't get all the features pay tourneys have.

#13 User is offline   pgrice 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-06, 01:48

View Postdiana_eva, on 2020-August-05, 15:20, said:

Sounds reasonable ... does this mean only the virtual club Host of the tournament retains access ... assistant directors in large games might also benefit.

#14 User is offline   m00036 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-06, 07:31

View Postpgrice, on 2020-August-06, 01:48, said:

Sounds reasonable ... does this mean only the virtual club Host of the tournament retains access ... assistant directors in large games might also benefit.

The assistant directors also have access to these additional functions (I'm fairly sure!) if they are directing a paid tournament.

#15 User is offline   jdempsey52 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-06, 14:40

I am a TD, not the Host TD, for a paid NBO organisation and when the tournamemt is over all I get as options are

Adjust Score
Player's results
Results
Chat to tournament
Cancel tournament

It would be great to get Table History

#16 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-09, 09:51

View Postdiana_eva, on 2020-August-05, 15:20, said:

Have you withdrawn these new features as Table History and Player's history? Some days ago I saw them but yesterday no longer.

#17 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-11, 04:52

View Postjdempsey52, on 2020-August-06, 14:40, said:

I am a TD, not the Host TD, for a paid NBO organisation and when the tournamemt is over all I get as options are

Adjust Score
Player's results
Results
Chat to tournament
Cancel tournament

Same for me I am director for an NBO and for virtual clubs and none of them has acees to table history and plaer history when the tourney is finished. We should have access

#18 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-11, 06:09

View Postjdempsey52, on 2020-August-06, 14:40, said:

Adjust Score
Player's results
Results
Chat to tournament
Cancel tournament

I just checked and the Host TD doesn't have access to the Table History after the tournament is complete, even during the 20 minute correction period. I did have access to the history of a completed table as long as at least one table was still playing though.

Agree that this is an important feature.

#19 User is offline   Tonyfrench 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-11, 09:29

View Postsfi, on 2020-August-11, 06:09, said:

I just checked and the Host TD doesn't have access to the Table History after the tournament is complete, even during the 20 minute correction period. I did have access to the history of a completed table as long as at least one table was still playing though.

Agree that this is an important feature.

If it helps, and it won't very often, you can save the history to a local file while you can access it. But if you have a problem and need more time this is an option.

#20 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-11, 15:51

View PostTonyfrench, on 2020-August-11, 09:29, said:

If it helps, and it won't very often, you can save the history to a local file while you can access it. But if you have a problem and need more time this is an option.

That is valuable, thanks. It makes it easier if there are any issues that need to be reported to a recorder, for example.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users