BBO Discussion Forums: Examine Table History after the tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Examine Table History after the tournament

#21 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-23, 16:53

What this effectively means is that if a player calls the TD in the middle of the game saying that there was very bad language used by one player at the previous table, you can check Table History to see what was said, and boot the miscreant if necessary. But if it happens on the last round and the shocked player tells you one second after the final table plays the last card, there is no way to prove it and prevent the miscreant from coming back.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#22 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-23, 17:07

Presumably they can take a screen shot in that case, although there may be previous exchanges that led up to the incident and I can no longer find out about them. However, it also means that if I want to look for patterns of behaviour, such as comments that may not individually be reportable but are off in some way, I have to be actively doing so during the event. Another scenario is that if the table runs out of time I can no longer assess whose fault it is

#23 User is offline   Tonyfrench 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-24, 06:36

View PostMcBruce, on 2020-August-23, 16:53, said:

What this effectively means is that if a player calls the TD in the middle of the game saying that there was very bad language used by one player at the previous table, you can check Table History to see what was said, and boot the miscreant if necessary. But if it happens on the last round and the shocked player tells you one second after the final table plays the last card, there is no way to prove it and prevent the miscreant from coming back.

I'm not certain about this so please check, but, I *think* table history is available up to 20 mins after the tourney. If so your point is still true thereafter of course.

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 07:05

What I would like is to see the travellers after the session; at present I cannot participate in post-game discussion unless somebody shares their screen. This might be annoying to others who want to see people’s faces.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 08:07

View PostVampyr, on 2020-August-24, 07:05, said:

What I would like is to see the travellers after the session; at present I cannot participate in post-game discussion unless somebody shares their screen. This might be annoying to others who want to see people’s faces.

Why can't you see them? You should have results shown on your screen when the game is over, but otherwise you can see them by putting in your name at https://www.bridgeba...p?&from_login=0
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#26 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 08:52

View Postgordontd, on 2020-August-24, 08:07, said:

Why can't you see them? You should have results shown on your screen when the game is over, but otherwise you can see them by putting in your name at https://www.bridgeba...p?&from_login=0

Often as director you cannot see a traveller during the 20 minute review period, presumably because the results have not yet migrated to myhands or whatever. Although in that case I would imagine that the players cannot see it either (I never thought to check, but will do so tomorrow).

#27 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 08:57

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-24, 08:52, said:

Often as director you cannot see a traveller during the 20 minute review period, presumably because the results have not yet migrated to myhands or whatever. Although in that case I would imagine that the players cannot see it either (I never thought to check, but will do so tomorrow).

I didn't think Stefanie was asking as a director, but perhaps she was.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#28 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-24, 10:21

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-24, 08:52, said:

At this moment (since after the move to a new myhands server a couple of months ago), myhands gets the boards with almost no delay.

Post finish adjustments are reposted to myhands at the end of the review period, so please notice that adjustments post finish are reflected in the tourney leaderboard immediately, but not in myhands until the review period is over.

I believe players looking at "my table" results and TDs looking at player results would see post finish adjustments in real time.
If so, players looking at "Other tables" would see such traveller updated. But no such option for TDs.

#29 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 15:43

View PostGerardo, on 2020-August-24, 10:21, said:

At this moment (since after the move to a new myhands server a couple of months ago), myhands gets the boards with almost no delay.

It certainly improved dramatically from the previous disastrous situation, but IIRC there are still occasional problems accessing travellers: will focus on it tomorrow and see.

View PostGerardo, on 2020-August-24, 10:21, said:

Post finish adjustments are reposted to myhands at the end of the review period, so please notice that adjustments post finish are reflected in the tourney leaderboard immediately, but not in myhands until the review period is over.

This is a significant problem (only) because there is no way for director to spot system assigned A== hands except by perusing the results pair by pair, but even after such a hand has been adjusted it will continue to appear as A== in the results of the other pair involved.
Again so it seems to me, will check tomorrow.

#30 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-24, 19:43

View Postgordontd, on 2020-August-24, 08:57, said:

I didn't think Stefanie was asking as a director, but perhaps she was.

Yes I was asking as a non-playing director.

The players can see the travellers, but I cannot, even during the game if for some reason I wanted to see them.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#31 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-25, 04:57

As soon as the results are uploaded to the results server (currently very soon after tournament completion), anyone can easily see all the travelers using the link https://webutil.brid...p?m=h&h=BBOuser - where BBOuser is the BBO userid of the user who created the tournament. Click on boards on the appropriate line to see them.

#32 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-25, 06:01

View PostTonyfrench, on 2020-August-24, 06:36, said:

I'm not certain about this so please check, but, I *think* table history is available up to 20 mins after the tourney. If so your point is still true thereafter of course.

I just checked: The table history may be available, but once the last table finishes the last round in the tournament I no longer have the menu option to view either table or player history.

#33 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-25, 06:08

View Postpeterb001, on 2020-August-25, 04:57, said:

As soon as the results are uploaded to the results server (currently very soon after tournament completion), anyone can easily see all the travelers using the link https://webutil.brid...p?m=h&h=BBOuser - where BBOuser is the BBO userid of the user who created the tournament. Click on boards on the appropriate line to see them.

I'm getting this message when I try to view a player's results: Some tourneys not shown for security reasons

This is after the results are out but during the correction period. So I can see the overall score as director, and I can look at an individual player's results, but I can't view the board results.

#34 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-26, 18:10

View Postsfi, on 2020-August-25, 06:08, said:

I'm getting this message when I try to view a player's results: Some tourneys not shown for security reasons

ACBL told us to hide Virtual Club results from myhands. Only the players can see their own results.

We don't save TD information after the tourney is over, so we can't make an exception for the TD. We could probably make an an exception for the tourney host, but it's not implemented currently (until this change we were only using this feature to hide robot duplicates and instant tourneys, there's no TD involved).

#35 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-26, 18:17

View Postbarmar, on 2020-August-26, 18:10, said:

ACBL told us to hide Virtual Club results from myhands. Only the players can see their own results.

This was an ABF event, not an ACBL one. I can see the full results and hands in my hands, but it looks like only after the correction period has ended.

We don't save TD information after the tourney is over, so we can't make an exception for the TD. We could probably make an an exception for the tourney host, but it's not implemented currently (until this change we were only using this feature to hide robot duplicates and instant tourneys, there's no TD involved).

We'd be happy to limit it to the tourney host. We tend to direct from the club account rather than our own anyway since it has extra features - access to the include/exclude lists and the ability to scrap and recreate the tournament at the last minute have both been used by our directors in the last few months.

#36 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-26, 19:02

View Postsfi, on 2020-August-26, 18:17, said:

This was an ABF event, not an ACBL one. I can see the full results and hands in my hands, but it looks like only after the correction period has ended.

Those shouldn't be blocked.

The player in question might have played other restricted tourneys in addition to your club game, and that's what caused the message.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users