• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bluff or Bluster Save or Sit?

#41 User is offline   KingCovert 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-29, 10:33

View PostZelandakh, on 2020-June-29, 10:20, said:

Except that it was Paul posting this. Which means the hand was almost certainly made up or adapted from somewhere else. And I stand by my previous posts - 1. we should have introduced clubs; 2. if we do introduce clubs and the opps still bid 6, what hands can partner hold for a pass?; 3. for hands where partner would make a FP, on what subset might West go for a XX? If someone would sim up all of those factors, I am confident that the number of hands where 6 makes is considerably larger than nil. And that is irrespective of the hand being posted or not.

I do agree that the percentage of hands that it makes on goes up after the redouble, and that there is certainly value in introducing clubs, I just won't believe you or anyone else in this thread that would themselves demonstrate "bluff or bluster" if they claim that they'd ever make a 7-level call.

It's simple logic that, at the table, will reign supreme. If you think you're making 6, you're not going to accept taking a certain minus on this hand. And, anyone who disagrees with this, I would probably be tempted to call liar.

Edit: Heck, if I'm going to take such a staunch position, I may as well just go to the limit. If you think you're a good enough player to make a 7-level call here, you should know, you're actually bad enough to do it.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users