BBO Discussion Forums: IMPs scoring does not match Hstory - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IMPs scoring does not match Hstory

#1 User is offline   Liversidge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Gardening, DIY, Travel

Posted 2020-May-21, 00:53

While playing yesterday we played a hand that had not been played at another table so we got a 0-0 score in history. I thought we bid and played it very well and would eventually get a big positive IMPs. Sure enough, 20 minutes later there was sudden jump in our score in the score box - I checked history and it still showed that no one else had played the board. But 15 minutes later I checked history again and around 8 other pairs had played it and not done so well. Our history IMPs had jumped but the IMPs in our score box didn't move. I assumed that there was some sort of delay between the two IMPs indicators.

My question is, at the end of a match, which score gives a more accurate measure of our performance, the score in the 'box' or the one in history.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-21, 11:08

When you're playing in the casual section there is no "match".

I'm not really sure what causes the score at the bottom of history to differ from the one in the Score box. I think one of them is based on data that gets pushed periodically to a database, and there can be delays in that process, while the other comes directly from the server. But I'm not sure which.

I suggest you not worry too much about it.

#3 User is offline   ShirlGuam 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-21, 23:08

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-21, 11:08, said:

When you're playing in the casual section there is no "match".

I'm not really sure what causes the score at the bottom of history to differ from the one in the Score box. I think one of them is based on data that gets pushed periodically to a database, and there can be delays in that process, while the other comes directly from the server. But I'm not sure which.

I suggest you not worry too much about it.

I want to ask a similar question. Why does the results sometimes show other tables' boards and other times (like yesterday) every hand showed 50% as there was no other table to compare it with? We were playing on one table and the first two rounds were ok then the third had this problem. How can we correct that?

#4 User is offline   MRTRUB44 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-May-22, 02:51

View PostLiversidge, on 2020-May-21, 00:53, said:

While playing yesterday we played a hand that had not been played at another table so we got a 0-0 score in history. I thought we bid and played it very well and would eventually get a big positive IMPs. Sure enough, 20 minutes later there was sudden jump in our score in the score box - I checked history and it still showed that no one else had played the board. But 15 minutes later I checked history again and around 8 other pairs had played it and not done so well. Our history IMPs had jumped but the IMPs in our score box didn't move. I assumed that there was some sort of delay between the two IMPs indicators.

My question is, at the end of a match, which score gives a more accurate measure of our performance, the score in the 'box' or the one in history.

The history score is the score at the time just after the hand is played, while the box score is continually updated after other hands are played.
If you click on "refresh" at the bottom of history, it will update.

#5 User is offline   patcanuck 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-May-22, 20:47

I've also noticed that IMP score on the left doesnt match the score at the bottom of the hands on the right. No idea how that is possible since I assumed that one was just something like an Excel spreadsheet cell that would be reflected in the other. Such is life. :)

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-25, 14:07

View PostShirlGuam, on 2020-May-21, 23:08, said:

I want to ask a similar question. Why does the results sometimes show other tables' boards and other times (like yesterday) every hand showed 50% as there was no other table to compare it with? We were playing on one table and the first two rounds were ok then the third had this problem. How can we correct that?

Sometimes you're the first table to play a board. Wait a few minutes and more scores will be added to Other Tables.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users