Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

completion rate tournaments

#1 User is offline   maris oren 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-09, 01:34

What types of tournanents do I need to play in order to receive a tournament completion rate?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-09, 02:41

This is old but probably still true:

https://www.bridgeba...tion_rates.html
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-12, 09:39

The only thing missing from there is that daylong tournaments don't count.

Robot duplicate tournaments count towards increasing completion, but bailing doesn't count negatively.

#4 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-06, 15:36

You need to add another case to the MCR statements - if BBO cuts your connection midhand it will count against you - even if you log back in and reseat yourself and continue the hand.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-09, 12:33

View Postgbb483, on 2020-June-06, 15:36, said:

You need to add another case to the MCR statements - if BBO cuts your connection midhand it will count against you - even if you log back in and reseat yourself and continue the hand.

The reason why you're disconnected doesn't matter, it still inconveniences the other players.

MCR and TCR are separate statistics.

#6 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-10, 12:54

And it inconviences me - especially when I'm not being slow, the system is just having a hissy fit - and its getting very annoying.

#7 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-10, 15:42

I've just been watching the 'interesting tables' on the main bridge club - the top 5 tables have 6 robots between them, and robots are randomly coming and going. You can't tell me that in that arena so many players are that inconsiderate.

I suggest you have a problem with your software that determines when to disconnect a player, and you need to resolve it.

#8 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-12, 10:03

They do, they know, and they're working on it. Really they are. It's a lower priority than dealing with kick-outs from paid tournaments (at least part of which pay for said servers, and said people looking at it). But it's a high priority.

Code that's written now for net-based games is designed from day 1 to bring servers online and offline as capacity requires, with cross-server talk as needed. BBO was designed in the 20th century.

Having said that, I assume that the people looking for 95% MCR aren't getting anyone any more, and will have to go down to 90% or 80% to get people.

(Those who believe I am a "BBO can do no wrong" type are welcome to search my history. They're in a "great, but awful" situation, and they're handling it better than they could. I've been in similar situations, and I know my reaction, so some of the way *I* pay for BBO is to take some of it instead.)
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#9 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-12, 10:07

and today I was kicked out whilst I was dummy - how does that work? What am I supposed to do?

#10 User is offline   parkera80 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-05, 16:03

I find it very irritating when somone leaves mid-hand, or worse mid-bidding, especially when they make a stupid bid and leave - I am sure that is not software related, it is people being inconsiderate. I always start a new table with my partner and set 95% MCR but like mycroft says I often have to reduce this to 80% to get opponents.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users