BBO Discussion Forums: How to convert BBO results to HTML or text for emails? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to convert BBO results to HTML or text for emails?

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-March-30, 10:06

I've learned how to search for deals played in MyHands (from the Hand Records choice in top center of the page when logging into BBO) and when I have a list, putting

&excel=1

at the end of the web address to change the "Movie or Lin" column into just a Movie column. Then transforming information from each individual columm into individual LIN files which can easily copied together to create a single large LIN file containing the deal, auction, and play for each board.

Now that I have this large LIN file (which has %20 before each board number, but I can replace with a single spade, if necessary), I am looking for a FREE program to allow me to open this file and output a text file or HTML file that can be easily placed in an email with the hand diagrams. The cards played isn't vital to be included, but would be nice to have, also, in the email.

This is easy in BridgeComposer, since it can read a LIN file, save as a PBN file, and can output HTML. But I'm looking into how to open this large LIN file in a different program because I want to show a friend how to be able to send a single email with all the boards. I've tried Double Dummy Solver 12, Bridge Captain 6, aaBridge 5, and PbnTools 1.2.4 and can't any of these free programs to work properly. I've also tried Richard Pavlicek's Bridge File Converter but that 16-bit program doesn't work on my Windows 10 computer. LinConverter generates error messages when trying to convert a LIN file to a PBN file and only outputs the first board.

Are there any other choices out there for programs that can read a single large LIN file?

If only the web page http://johnfromarran...e/PbnToLin.html that converts PBN to LIN had a similar feature to convert LIN to PBN!

#2 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-March-30, 10:08

View PostBudH, on 2020-March-30, 10:06, said:

I've learned how to search for deals played in MyHands (from the Hand Records choice in top center of the page when logging into BBO) and when I have a list, putting

&excel=1

at the end of the web address to change the "Movie or Lin" column into just a Movie column. Then transforming information from each individual columm into individual LIN files which can easily copied together to create a single large LIN file containing the deal, auction, and play for each board.

Now that I have this large LIN file (which has %20 before each board number, but I can replace with a single spade, if necessary), I am looking for a FREE program to allow me to open this file and output a text file or HTML file that can be easily placed in an email with the hand diagrams. The cards played isn't vital to be included, but would be nice to have, also, in the email.

This is easy in BridgeComposer, since it can read a LIN file, save as a PBN file, and can output HTML. But I'm looking into how to open this large LIN file in a different program because I want to show a friend how to be able to send a single email with all the boards. I've tried Double Dummy Solver 12, Bridge Captain 6, aaBridge 5, and PbnTools 1.2.4 and can't any of these free programs to work properly. I've also tried Richard Pavlicek's Bridge File Converter but that 16-bit program doesn't work on my Windows 10 computer. LinConverter generates error messages when trying to convert a LIN file to a PBN file and only outputs the first board.

Are there any other choices out there for programs that can read a single large LIN file?

If only the web page http://johnfromarran...e/PbnToLin.html that converts PBN to LIN had a similar feature to convert LIN to PBN!

OK, I did manage to get the Double Dummy Solver to read the LIN file and save as a large PBN file - now I just need something to output a text file and/or HTML file showing the boards, auction, and preferably the play.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users