Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

two things I'd like to see

#1 User is offline   dr4sight 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-13, 11:16

Before BBO went to the new Flash version the Description column in the table view was sortable.
I found that handy because I prefer to play in IMPs games rather than in Total Points or Match Points.
I would be very happy to have that column made sortable in this newer version.

The pandemic has obviously increased the membership at BBO by a tremendous amount. On balance that's probably a good thing. But it seems to me that almost none of the new players have taken the time to fill in a profile at all. I think it would be helpful all around if BBO sends a message to all members who have nothing at all in their profile about how they play. The message should request that basics be filled in: SAYC or Acol or 2/1. 5-card majors, 1NT range etc.
If all members had at least that much filled in finding a compatible partner would be much easier IMHO.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-13, 13:44

View Postdr4sight, on 2020-April-13, 11:16, said:

Before BBO went to the new Flash version the Description column in the table view was sortable.
I found that handy because I prefer to play in IMPs games rather than in Total Points or Match Points.

The pandemic has obviously increased the membership at BBO by a tremendous amount. On balance that's probably a good thing. But it seems to me that almost none of the new players have taken the time to fill in a profile at all. I think it would be helpful all around if BBO sends a message to all members who have nothing at all in their profile about how they play. The message should request that basics be filled in: SAYC or Acol or 2/1. 5-card majors, 1NT range etc.
If all members had at least that much filled in finding a compatible partner would be much easier IMHO.

The profile is not meant for the way people use it, listing their whole system. That is what convention cards are for. Yes, it makes sense to list which basic systems you are willing to play, but why something as specific as a 1NT range? I’m sure most people are flexible enough that they can play another range besides their favourite! What would really be helpful is if one player posted a convention card that the other could follow, or post one of the CCs available on the site and stick to it exactly.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-14, 08:49

View Postdr4sight, on 2020-April-13, 11:16, said:

A better solution would be for it to include the Description field in the Search criteria. I'm not sure why it doesn't.

We could send it, but most would just ignore the message.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users