BBO Discussion Forums: What is new in the newest release? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is new in the newest release?

#1 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-10, 09:58

It would be very useful if we got a short summary about the news. I realized that new releases came out several times a week, but no information about what is new in them or which bugs are repaired.

#2 User is offline   glen 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Military history, WW II wargames

Posted 2020-April-10, 10:39

the new release has a picture from the old days (when people were not 6 feet apart), and if playing on some tablets, when finished with the keyboard the app does not properly reset
'I hit my peak at seven' Taylor Swift

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-11, 14:49

It's mostly just some bugfixes and changes that deal with the high volume. Nothing major.

#4 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-12, 07:30

View Postbarmar, on 2020-April-11, 14:49, said:

It's mostly just some bugfixes and changes that deal with the high volume. Nothing major.

OK, but I am curious which bugs would be fixed. I have a long list of them and as far as they still exist, I am obliged to use the flash version as TD, because it is almost impossible to manage a tourney with the new version(s).

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-12, 19:25

There were some attempted fixes to in-app purchases on iOS, but it looks like there are still intermittent failures. And the "Restore Purchase" button was added, to allow you to recall a purchase.

#6 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-13, 04:29

View PostLionHeart1, on 2020-April-12, 07:30, said:

OK, but I am curious which bugs would be fixed. I have a long list of them and as far as they still exist, I am obliged to use the flash version as TD, because it is almost impossible to manage a tourney with the new version(s).

I have not found it impossible with HTML5 on PC, although some things are rudimental, in particular the inability to select lists of nicknames from files or a common database and the lack of an audible signal for a director call.
What things am I missing by not using Flash?

Currently the only time I use Flash is as a player during registration, when I need to invite another registered pair to form a team for Swiss Pairs. I can't see how to do this in the HTML5 client - the list of pairs is visible but no apparent way to select and invite.

#7 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2020-April-13, 05:54

View PostLionHeart1, on 2020-April-12, 07:30, said:

View Postpescetom, on 2020-April-13, 04:29, said:

I have not found it impossible with HTML5 on PC, although some things are rudimental, in particular the inability to select lists of nicknames from files or a common database and the lack of an audible signal for a director call.
What things am I missing by not using Flash?

Currently the only time I use Flash is as a player during registration, when I need to invite another registered pair to form a team for Swiss Pairs. I can't see how to do this in the HTML5 client - the list of pairs is visible but no apparent way to select and invite.

I direct with the HTML version and the key is to keep the list of tables on the screen, not in a pop-up window. You can do this by finding the tournament in the Running tournaments listing.

If you click on a tournament in the Pending list, not on the host's name, then you get the Register tab by default from which you can invite people or rent a robot. There is also access to the partnership desk.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#8 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2020-April-14, 15:38

View Postpaulg, on 2020-April-13, 05:54, said:

I direct with the HTML version and the key is to keep the list of tables on the screen, not in a pop-up window. You can do this by finding the tournament in the Running tournaments listing.

I do this and it does work, although the list does not auto-update and tends to cover the Director Calls or the table if it is long.
Also it is not obvious which if any table I have selected, which can cause chat errors and an ambiguous error message if I am already at the table selected.
My biggest client-related gripe is that before the tournament starts I cannot see which registered nicknames are online or not - surely I should see the offline players in red, as I do once it is running.
I have no idea if these things were better in Flash.

View Postpaulg, on 2020-April-13, 05:54, said:

If you click on a tournament in the Pending list, not on the host's name, then you get the Register tab by default from which you can invite people or rent a robot. There is also access to the partnership desk.

If that was in reply to me, thanks, but that is not my problem.
In the specific case of a Swiss Teams Tournament, to form a team it is necessary to unite two pairs already registered.
This works in the Flash client but I can see no way to do it in the HTML client.
It shows me the list of "available" pairs to invite, but I cannot see how to select one, clicking had no effect.
There is no problem registering in a pair with the HTML client, or playing the actual tournament.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users