• You cannot reply to this topic

constraint sets in Deal Source

#1 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2020-February-22, 11:36

Hi,
I haven't tried in html5 version until now, but in Deal source on a teaching or bidding table, under "Constraint Sets", I can create sets, rename sets, but there is never a form that is visible (Chrome, Win10) to actually set the HCP, suits, etc. The advanced part works ok on its own. The Constraint Sets is more common, not sure if it's just me having the problem.

Thanks,
Dan

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-February-23, 16:33

The form for creating contraints hasn't been migrated to the HTML5 version yet. So for now you'll need to use the Flash version to create them, but then you can use them in the HTML5 version.

#3 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2020-February-23, 20:46

View Postbarmar, on 2020-February-23, 16:33, said:

The form for creating contraints hasn't been migrated to the HTML5 version yet. So for now you'll need to use the Flash version to create them, but then you can use them in the HTML5 version.

Thank you!

#4 User is offline   Flem72 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-March-15, 06:49

Please let me hijack this question!
I'm trying to set up constrained deals in a two-person bidding room. A helpful guy named Boyan sent me these instructions, which I will parse into steps:
1. Hello, Click on Practice > start a teaching table or a bidding table

2. Then click on the triple bars (≡) and go to Deal source > random deals.

3. Now click on the + sign in Constraint Sets Select who will be the dealer and the total HCP
for N/S (e.i. Min 28 - Max 36)

4. You can also define the distribution , clicking on Constraints and assign for South min 11 pts max 28 HCP and number of cards
in spades, hearts, etc

5. Then click on Constraint 2 and select North Min 8 pts max 12 pts - number of spades, hearts, etc min 2 max 2

Now close the Deal Source pop-up and click on Redeal .
I perform these steps and get many many hands that do not fit the constraints, few that do. Ergo, I assume dreaded User Error. Step by step:
3. "select who will be the dealer": Does this mean you can restrict the dealer to one seat -- uncheck all but one -- and establish a HCP range for that pair? or does it mean that whenever a partiicular seat deals NS will hold that HCP range?
4. Does this eman that I should close the #3' window' and go back to click the + sign by "constraints"? Or that I can and should use this opportunity to set suit length and HCP ranges by clicking "constraints" within the #3 'window'?
5. Same question: Is "Constraint 2" located in the main "Deal Source" 'window' ie I need to click on the + sign to generate a new Constraint?

Somewhere I'm getting the progression wrong b/c deals do not at all match what constraints I think I've set. When all is said and done, should there be only one "Constraint" set in the Deal Source 'window' containing N dist and HCP, S dist and HCP, dealer on all boards and dealer's pair HCP range? or is each of these a sepererate constraint, so that there should be two? or three? "Constraints" appearing in the Deal Source 'window'?
Any help greatly appreciated.

#5 User is offline   fbear 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-29, 12:31

I am unable to get BBO to deal hands given code in the 'Use this input for the dealer program' too. I think something has been broken.

The code does however work through the link :

http://www.bridgebas...aler/dealer.php

So, I believe it has been broken in BBO.

#6 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-29, 14:22

View Postfbear, on 2020-March-29, 12:31, said:

I am unable to get BBO to deal hands given code in the 'Use this input for the dealer program' too. I think something has been broken.

The code does however work through the link :

http://www.bridgebas...aler/dealer.php

So, I believe it has been broken in BBO.

Some of it is broken, not all of it.

I found that 'and' works but '&&' does not.

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-23, 08:33

The problem with "&&" should be fixed now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users