BBO Discussion Forums: acbl Stac DUP file naming convention - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

acbl Stac DUP file naming convention

#1 User is offline   paynterf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-January-12, 17:45

For several years now, the two commercial clubs here in Columbus Ohio both use a program I created to facilitate easy distribution of game results to a website or an email list. However, the club managers have recently been having trouble dealing with the .DUP files generated by ACBL for Stac games, as the naming convention is quite different than the YYMMDD[M/A/E].* convention they have been using for game files.

Anyone know how ACBL Stac file names are constructed? For instance, one from (I think) early last year has the filename

1901082_FriMorn.DUP

However, when I look on a calendar, I find that 8 Jan 2019 is a Tuesday, not a Friday, so I don't think the '190108' part is your typical 6-digit YYMMDD preamble. When I look at the 'FriMorn' part, I see from the calendar that Fridays in January are 04, 11, 18, & 25

Anyone have a clue on this?

TIA,

Frank

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-January-13, 14:17

View Postpaynterf, on 2020-January-12, 17:45, said:

Anyone have a clue on this?

I have a clue that whoever invented this naming convention has no clue :)

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-January-13, 15:23

Contact the ACBL and hopefully somebody there can tell.

If you had several files where you knew the dates of the games, you would have a better chance of figuring out the naming convention.

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-January-13, 21:29

STaC is a "Sectional Tournament at Clubs". 1901082 is the sanction number for the "sectional" (which was held January 2019), just like any other sectional has a sanction number. FriMorn is the session in that week these hands are to be used. Sanctions are numbered "as assigned" in the month they are to be run (so 082 would be the eighty-second sectional in January 2019 to have had their sanction approved). All DUP files for that week will start with that sanction number - use the day/time qualifier to determine which one to use for your game.

FriMorn may not be the best way of doing it, but it is obvious, and better than _13 (the session number assigned to Friday Morning games).

The sheet passed to all the participating clubs will explain all this (well, maybe not how the sanction number is determined, but it will have "D18-wide STaC (1909083)", for instance), and how to set up the game in ACBLScor.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users