• Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2020-January-09, 07:32

https://tinyurl.com/vpg6sfl

#2 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2020-January-09, 07:42

i cound not figure out how to delete the second one which i created when trying to edit. lolll

#3 User is offline   zhasbeen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bridge, running, spectator sports, excel, keeping track of all kinds of stuff

Posted 2020-January-09, 08:02

thomas c, on 2020-January-09, 07:32, said:

Wow, I borrowed this one to add to my collection. Hope you don't mind.

Even if you forgive the definition glitch it's hard to fathom why it couldn't come up with a 2D call over your 2C. Even one of those invitational jumps makes more sense than what he done did.

#4 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-January-09, 13:29

zhasbeen, on 2020-January-09, 08:02, said:

Even if you forgive the definition glitch it's hard to fathom why it couldn't come up with a 2D call over your 2C. Even one of those invitational jumps makes more sense than what he done did.

2 would be a weak signoff (when you're cold for 3N) and an immediate 3 would deny 4 hearts (can't afford to miss a 4-4 heart fit), so I can't imagine bidding either of those.

I'd say the choices are 2NT and 3 over 2, but I'm not even sure what I'd bid myself..

#5 User is offline   zhasbeen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bridge, running, spectator sports, excel, keeping track of all kinds of stuff

Posted 2020-January-09, 14:34

smerriman, on 2020-January-09, 13:29, said:

2 would be a weak signoff (when you're cold for 3N) and an immediate 3 would deny 4 hearts (can't afford to miss a 4-4 heart fit), so I can't imagine bidding either of those.

I'd say the choices are 2NT and 3 over 2, but I'm not even sure what I'd bid myself..

I'd take the wimpy 2D route at matchpoints, and pay up if we miss a game. I rate the chances of game less than 50% based on misfit and opener's first 2 bids. If you are going to score well at matchpoints you'd better not be afraid to miss some games.

In this case opener had as much as you could expect, and finding the right game and making it was no guarantee. Only 5D makes on a straight forward line of play.

Interesting play problem at NT with heart lead. If you play a high honor from dummy before deciding on the diamond finesse, you'd better start with the double dummy play of overtaking jack. It could make you kinda nervous if Q hadn't appeared yet when you lead your last one to dummy.

All that said, I would have made the same 4s call as thomas after checking the definition. Could west not have doubled because it knew that 5 diamonds would make?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users