• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convention cards on new version How to use

#21 User is offline   Mary_Lee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-10, 15:48

Once I add a new partner's name to a card I use with someone else, I cannot find a save button. My old card with that partner remains and no new card is created. Help please. I shouldn't have to edit an old card every time I want to update it.

#22 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-10, 16:00

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-17, 05:57, said:

Thanks, I'm playing with a partner soon so will test it out.

I forgot to confirm that it worked ok.
Not obvious, but adequate.
It would be nice if the card could stay on the right side of the screen during the auction, on all devices.
Plus the possibility for Director to mandate a card or automatically shame those who do not have one.

#23 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2020-November-10, 20:15

View PostMary_Lee, on 2020-November-10, 15:48, said:

Once I add a new partner's name to a card I use with someone else, I cannot find a save button. My old card with that partner remains and no new card is created. Help please. I shouldn't have to edit an old card every time I want to update it.
Agree with Mary Lee. I've managed to play the same BBO system-card with 2 partners. I tried to add a second name to the partner-field but there's little room and it doesn't work anyway. So, I had to change the system-name as well as the partner-name.

Now I have to edit both cards when I make changes. I'd like to learn how to use the same card with different partners, automatically, but with less palaver.

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-11, 06:43

View Postzaylyn, on 2020-October-06, 21:25, said:

I am not able to use the convention card function AT ALL with Windows 10, PC, Chrome or Edge browsers. I have made numerous convention cards for my partners using my ipad, but none of them show up on my PC. In addition, the NEW ACBL CONVENTION CARD button doesn't work at all.

I have a similar problem; my convention cards do not show up on any device except the one I created them on.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-11, 08:34

View Postnige1, on 2020-November-10, 20:15, said:

Now I have to edit both cards when I make changes. I'd like to learn how to use the same card with different partners, automatically, but with less palaver.

I have to edit at least four cards if I make changes.
I also need to propagate the changes to other pairs playing the same card but there is no mechanism to do this.
And if those pairs have a few variations they need to edit (again) their own copy of my card once it somehow arrives.

It would be much simpler if:
- anyone can create (from scratch or copy) and edit a card
- anyone can render a card they created public for others to use (like the sacred few stock cards)
- a partnership can select any card
- a partmership can add notes specific to any card
- the notes document any minor differences between their agreements and the card
- when the card changes they need do nothing (except study the changes and update notes if necessary)
- director can impose a certain card on all pairs, or on all those without a card of their own choice.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users